| one

『 chapter one 』01| a day in the life

chapter one
01| a day in the life

Small towns, one like Stars Hollow, were made for self involved people.

Holding town meetings to talk specifically of yourself, or your business seemed like a humblebrag.

Instead of loving and respecting thy neighbour, you'll have learned more about them from a two minute chat than they knew themselves from their whole life.

"I hate it." Strengthening my protest with the slam of my foot on the kitchen tiles sent my mother wild.

Mom forced her golden eyebrows into a disapproving look, "We've lived here practically your whole life, we can't just up and move."

Becoming accustomed to my complaining meant she had rustled up new ways to bat my plans of moving away.

"I'll just run away." I puffed, my breath swatting the loose strand of brown hair away from my eye.

She pressed her cold palm to my heated cheek, "Do it after you've picked up the grocery?"

"I will." As soon as she kissed my forehead, leaving me the grocery list I stomped out of the kitchen, then left my house.

Dad used to say the day he met mom was the best and worst day of his entire life.

For him it was the end of his old life, moving from central NYC, to small town Stars Hollow.

He was lucky enough to transfer precincts in order to keep his deputy title.

Apparently mom was worth everything, even though her meatloaf tastes horrendous and her dress sense is muddled because she's colourblind; funnily enough, I believed him.

Green grass snuggled to the ground of the Stars Hollow town square, the pale blue town welcome sign smack bang in the centre.

I cannot help but ambitiously wake up every morning, convinced everything is different, yet as soon as I look out of my window I'm vaguely disappointed.

Luke's yellow diner sign in the shape of a coffee cup beckoned me, compelling me to rush inside and wait tables.

"You're here." Luke grunted, his face mirroring the boredom in his voice.

"Like always."

Sometimes I used to test myself by closing my eyes, I challenged myself to walk around Stars Hollow like any other day. It was fun when I tasked myself to go grocery shopping for my mom for example.