| five

『 chapter five 』05| goo goo eyes

chapter five
05| goo goo eyes

Doose's Market certainly had been preparing for my arrival. It wasn't everyday Taylor Doose hobbled over to me with a basket, adamant on staying by my side.

"I know you love me, Taylor, but this is too much affection for one girl to handle." I slung my arm over his shoulder, fluttering my coated eyelashes in his personal space to make him feel uncomfortable. Then he would know how I felt in having a shopping escort; he was acting like my parole officer.

The smaller man tutted, "Charlotte, I'm experiencing extreme discomfort. This must be how my tomatoes feel when you touch them up!"

I giggled, my laugh echoing throughout the shop to peak the ears of Rory Gilmore. "Mr. Doose, it seems like you have a personal vendetta against Teddy."

Her soft sweet voice seemed to calm down Taylor enough for him to distance himself from me. "I certainly do not," the pompous man straightened himself up, "And to prove it, happy shopping."

Once he had disappeared, no doubt to the aisle beside us so he could spy on me through the gaps in the groceries, I grinned from ear to ear at my new acquaintance. Matter of fact, I hadn't forgotten about our walk home together. "My saviour, what do I owe you? A can of the finest peeled tomatoes Luke's card can buy?"

Rory chuckled lightly, waving me off with a signature friendly smile. "I'm happy I could help. My boyfriend already gets harassed enough."

"Dean!" I exclaimed, completely forgetting about him and his relationship with her until a second ago, "How are you two?"

Rory shrugged, there was something past the glint of her eye. Something troubling her. "Dean's a little skeptical of Luke's nephew."

There were some ripples in that peaceful lake of theirs after all. "I wouldn't worry about Jess. He's not that much trouble."

"I'm not sure that's what he's worried about," Rory's gaze stayed glued to the floor, she was clearly speaking of affections.

"Oh. Oh, well as far as I can see Dean has had your attention ever since he moved here. There's no stealing that." I nudged her reassuringly, of course she was bound to have doubt. She was a young teenage girl in a steady relationship. And Jess, well, he was fun.

"Thank you." Rory raised her basket, "Well, I'd better pay before the whole town jumps in front of me."

I grinned, "I'll see you at Luke's."

Wind in Stars Hollow wasn't ideal, especially not for my golden brown locks which were too long to be tamed by me, let alone the forces of nature.