Chapter 1

"Wow!, this is gorgeous

"Wow!, this is gorgeous." Adam says as he and his best friend Chance pulls into the driveway of the old Victorian mansion. He had been told by the real estate agent that the house was built in 1885.

Adam has always been fascinated by old houses. They hold a lot of history. The agent had shown him a lot of homes but the minute he laid eyes on the mansion, something seemed to draw him to it.

Adam was born with a gift. As the little boy in "Sixth Sense" would say, he sees dead people. He was a Physic Medium and had become quite well-known for his abilities.

"It's awfully big." Chance says as he looks up at the huge house. "You sure you want to live here all by yourself? It's kinda creepy."

"Oh, I'm sure I won't be alone." Adam says as he looks up at one of the windows on the second floor next to the balcony. He had a feeling that they were being watched.

"Okay, now you're freaking me out." Chance chuckles as he looks around as the realtor drives up.

"Well, what do you think?" The agent asks.

"It's absolutely beautiful." Adam smiles. "Do you know any history on it?"

"Just that it was built in 1885 by Timothy Foust. But there is a historian in town that actually lived here for a year or two. His name is Rob Lundquist. He could probably tell you everything you need to know." The agent says as he unlocks the door.

"Wow." Adam says quietly as they walk in. It was absolutely beautiful.

"It comes furnished?" Chance asks.

Some of the furnishings looked original. Precious antiques. But there were some that looked fairly new.

"Totally furnished." The agent answers. "Some of the furniture, I believe, belong to Mr. Foust, himself. The last known occupant before Mr. Lunduist bought the house was a young man named Austin Brown and he updated a lot of the house."

"He did all this work and then left it?" Adam says as he runs his finger along an old painting of a very nice looking man with long dark hair. The man's beautiful brown eyes seemed to be staring back at him.

"Well, Mister Brown passed away. I'm not sure how. But he was pretty young. In his early to mid-thirties, I guess. Mr. Lundquist could tell you more." The agent says as he leads Adam and Chance from room to room. "You being a physic, do you see any dead people?"

"Uh, no." Adam says with a slight eye-roll. "I just don't see dead people. I have to open myself up in order for them to communicate with me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to come out the way it did." The agent chuckles.

"That's fine. I get that all the time." Adam smiles as they start up the beautiful winding staircase.

"This is the master bedroom." The agent says as the walk up to some double doors made from beautiful Mahogany wood. "I believe everything in this room is original." He adds as he opens the double doors.

They felt as if they had just walked back in time. The energy was strong causing the hair on Adam's arms to stand up.

Adam walks up to the window and looks out. Seeing his car parked below, he realizes this was the window that he felt that he was being watched from.

"Would this had been Mr. Foust's room?" Adam asks as he gazes out the window.

"Yes, it would have. I believe that's why this room has been kept the same through the years." The man answers.

The man continued to talk as Adam walks slowly up to an antique full-length mirror.

Chance notices a change in Adam. He seemed to be deep in thought as he stared into the mirror.

"Are you feeling something?" Chance asks quietly as he walks up beside Adam.

"Yeah, I feel like we're being watched." Adam whispers.

"And you're actually thinking about buying this place?" Chance asks. "You're nuts."

"Maybe I am." Adam smiles as he looks around at his best friend. As he looks back to the mirror, his eyes widen.

Standing behind him was the man in the painting. His long brown hair hung down to his shoulders. As Adam's eyes met his, the man smiled. 'What the Hell', Adam thought as he quickly looks behind him. No one was there. He turns and looks back into the mirror. The handsome man was gone.

"Are you okay?" Chance asks after seeing Adam's strange behavior.

"I just thought ... uh .. nevermind." Adam says, shaking his head.

"You're beginning to freak me out." Chance mumbles as they follow the agent down the hall to check out the other rooms.

"Uh, the painting in the hallway downstairs, who is that?" Adam asks as he catches up with the realtor.

"I believe that's Mr. Foust." The man tells him.

"Oh, okay." Adam says as he glances over his shoulder back at the master bedroom. "That makes sense."

"This bedroom is a little more modern. I believe this might have been Mr. Brown's bedroom." The agent says as he opens the door.

Once again, the hair on Adam's arms stood up.

He couldn't wait to be able to open himself up just to see what or who was here. He definitely wanted to find out more about this house and its occupants.

After seeing all the bedrooms the agent shows them the huge attic. Boxes were stacked everywhere. Personal items maybe? Items that could still hold a lot of energy.

He then leads them down to the wine cellar in the basement. Bottles of fine wine collecting dust as they lay in their holders.

"You know what? I don't think I need to see anymore." Adam says as he looks around.

"Are you sure? There's plenty more to see. There's a huge library....." The agent says as he prepares to name more of what the house had to offer.

"Oh, I'm sure there's a lot more to see. That's why I'll take it." Adam says with a grin.

"Wise choice. You definitely will not be disappointed, Mr. Rupp." The man smiles as he shakes Adam's hand. "Just come by the office in about an hour and we'll get it all taken care of."

"You got it." Adam smiles and nods.

The agent shows himself out. Leaving Adam to check out his soon to be new home.

"I can't believe that you're actually buying this place." Chance says, shaking his head as they make their way back to the living room.

"And why is that? Just look at it, Chance, it's absolutely beautiful." Adam says.

"Yeah, I agree with you on that. It's definitely beautiful but probably haunted." Chance says.

"Oh, for sure. It's definitely haunted. The energy here is mindblowing. The hair stood up on my arms." Adam says. "Not to mention, that I saw him."

"Saw who?" Chance asks nervously.

"Him." Adam answers as he points to the painting. "Timothy Foust."

*************

PLEASE! Let me know what you think by VOTING and by LEAVING a COMMENT!!