Chapter 16

"When a hand is extended in peace, the polite thing to do, Mr. Chance, is to shake it." Tim says as he raises a brow.

"Don't just sit there. Shake his hand." Adam says. "He doesn't bite."

"Your neck says differently, Adam." Sami giggles at the blushing blonde.

Chance takes a deep breath before extending his shaking hand to take Tim's.

"Now see? That wasn't so bad, was it?" Tim smiles as he shakes the bearded man's hand.

"You feel so human." Chance says with a nervous smile.

"What did you expect me to feel like? Rubber?" Tim chuckles as he sits down next to his lover.

"To tell you the truth, I don't know. I just wasn't expecting to feel human flesh." Chance says.

"I'm an old ghost. I've learned to take many different forms." Tim says as he puts his arm around Adam on the back of his chair. "But one thing that I don't do is possess people. As I said, I am not a demon."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I don't know much about the spirit world." Chance says with a shrug.

"Believe it or not, there are good spirits. Spirits that are stuck here for one reason or another." Tim says. "I just happen to be one of those spirits."

"What about the other spirit? Aren't there two of you here?" Sami asks. She found the spirit very interesting.

"Yes, there are two of us here. Austin is a much younger spirit and doesn't have the abilities that I have. He's okay, I guess. Just a little mischievous." Tim says with a smirk. "He likes to let people know that he's around."

"Is he here now?" Sami asks as she looks around.

"Austin? Let your presence be known." Tim says as he smiles at the girl across from Adam.

Suddenly, an empty chair that was at the table, slides across the floor of the dining room.

"AHHHHH!! OH, MY GOD!!!" Sami screams as she practically jumps into her boyfriend's lap.

"HOLY SH*T!!" Chance yells out.

"He does go to the extreme on things." Tim says as he gives his fellow spirit an annoyed look.

"What did you want me to do?" Austin chuckles.

"A light tap on the wall would have been sufficient." Tim says, shaking his head.

"That was a little too much, Austin. No need to scare the crap out of my friends." Adam adds.

"You guys are no fun." Austin laughs. "I'm going to go watch some tv."

"Fine. Just keep the noise down." Tim replies.

"Sure thing, old timer." Austin chuckles as he proceeds to the living room, stomping as loud as he could.

Chance and Sami gives each other frightened glances as they hear the loud footsteps leading away from the table. The sound of the tv suddenly blares from the next room causing the couple to jump.

"AUSTIN!! TURN THAT DOWN!!" Adam yells.

Austin laughs loudly but does turn down the volume.

"Sorry about that. He can be a little annoying at times." Tim says with a slight smirk on his face.

"So. Are you able to leave the house and property?" Sami asks.

"Yeah. But only for a few hours." Tim answers with a nod. "Three or four at the most. It takes a lot of energy to do so."