Chapter 23

"I'm bored." Tim says as he plops down on the couch beside Adam.

"What do you want to do?" Adam asks as he mutes the tv.

"Let's go to that club. Just the two of us." Tim says as he gives his lover his best puppy dog eyes. "Pleeeeaseee."

"I'm spoiling you." Adam chuckles.

"Well, hell, I've only been to town twice in the past hundred years." Tim says with a pout.

"Awww," Adam says, mimicking his pout. "Then let's go."

"Really?" The spirit asks, his face lighting up with excitement.

"Really, really." Adam smiles.

"Cool!" Tim says as he jumps up from the couch. "Let's go get ready."

"Cool? You need to stop hanging with Austin so much." Adam laughs as the spirit grabs his hand and pulls him up from the couch.

~~

"Does Austin have to wait a hundred years before he's able to do what you can do?" Adam asks as he pulls into the crowded parking lot.

"I suppose that I could train him spiritually. Although I've never done it before." The cowboy answers. "But wouldn't it be dangerous for him to come to town? I mean, I'm sure the people he knew are still around."

"Yeah, that's true. But I know he gets bored too sitting in the house all the time." Adam replies as they walk toward the building.

"Another thing too, when my spirit gets weak, I go to my grave to rest. But I have no idea where Austin's body is even buried. I'm not sure if he even knows." Tim says.

"That's sad. It shouldn't be too hard to find out. I'll check into it." Adam replies.

They walk into the club and have to take a seat at the bar since all the tables were occupied.

"What can I get for you?" The bartender asks.

"Bourbon and coke." Adam answers.

"And I'll take a beer." Tim says, receiving a strange look from his lover.

"I didn't think you could drink anything?" Adam asks as the bartender walks away.

"Oh, I can. I just can't taste it and it has no effect on me." Tim answers. "But I'm not going to sit here like a hill and not have a drink in front of me."

"Before we leave here tonight, I'm going to teach you how to two-step." Adam giggles as he leans into his cowboy.

"I'll probably let you too." The spirit smiles at him.

"Really?" Adam grins.

"Really, really. Believe it or nor, back in my day, I was quite the dancer." Tim smirks.

They sat quietly for a few minutes watching the dancers on the dance floor. Adam was pointing out some of the dances to his lover.

"Adam?" Tim says quietly as he turns his head toward the blonde. "This lady beside me keeps looking at me."

"Maybe she thinks you're cute." Adam whispers.

"Excuse me." The lady says as she taps Tim on the arm. "Do I know you?"

"Miss, if that's a pick-up line, he's taken." Adam says, looking around his boyfriend at the lady.

"No..." The lady giggles as she shakes her head. "I'm sorry but you do look familiar. Have we ever met?"

"I'm pretty sure we haven't." Tim answers with a polite smile.

"Oh, okay. Sorry." She smiles as she turns back to her drink.