Chapter 14

** Sorry if this update notice shows up twice. Wattpad was not wanting to cooperate.

********

"Hey." Adam says softly as he sits down next to the tree and turns off his flashlight. "I hope I'm not disturbing your rest. Please don't be mad at Austin for telling me that your body is here. I kinda had it figured out anyway. I just wanted to let you know that I miss you so much." He pauses as he rubs his hand over the ground. "I've gotten so used to you watching over me while I sleep, I'm finding it hard to go to sleep tonight because you're not there."

He leans back against the tree and listens to the crickets chirping. 

"I can see why you wanted to build your house here. It's so peaceful. Not to mention, beautiful. I also know about the secret room you built to keep the slaves safe until you could get them to freedom. You're a good man, Timothy Foust." Adam sniffs as he quickly wipes a tear. "You didn't deserve anything that was done to you. Being hung, being buried in an unmarked grave, just to be forgotten. But I know those men, women and children that you helped never forgot you."

Adam moves away from the tree and lays down on the ground. Placing his hands behind his head, he stares up at the tree branches.

"Have I told you lately that I love you? And the more I learn about you only makes me love you even more. If that's even possible." Adam says with a slight smile. 

The singing of the crickets and frogs soon sings Adam into a peaceful sleep with their nightly lullaby.

A dense fog rolls in just as a white mist rises out of the ground next to the sleeping blonde. The scene was as if it had been taken straight from a horror film. The mist slowly takes a human form in period clothes. The same clothes that the murdered man was buried in.

The cowboy squats down next to his sleeping lover. He smiles as he gently brushes back a strand of hair that had fallen across the sleeping beauty's face.

"I love you too." Tim whispers softly.

He carefully slides his arms underneath Adam's knees and his shoulder. The spirit was fully charged and picks him up with ease in a bridal style manner.

"Let's get you to bed. You're freezing out here." Tim says as he carries his lover into the house.

"Welcome back, Cowboy." Austin says as he pauses a movie he had been watching.

"Shhh." Tim quietens him so that the younger spirit wouldn't wake the man in his arms. "I'm going to put him to bed. So keep the noise down." He adds in a soft voice.

Austin salutes the older spirit then turns back to his movie.

"I can't believe you were outside in only your pajama bottoms and a tee shirt." Tim says quietly as he lays the sleeping man down and carefully pulls the covers up around his shoulders. "You're going to get sick doing that."

He walks over to the bookshelf and grabs one of the books that Adam had bought him in town. Sitting down in his favorite chair, he opens the book and begins to read.

Hearing movement coming from the bed, He looks up from his book to see Adam sitting up. The blonde was looking around as if trying to figure out how he got there.

"Hey there, Cutie." Tim says with a smile.

"Hi." Adam says, a huge grin forming on his face. He was so happy to see his cowboy back. "Did you carry me back into the house?"

"UmHumm." Tim nods as he lays his book aside. He stands up and walks closer to the bed.

"I missed you." Adam says in a soft whisper.