Chapter 15

Adam lays his head on Tim's chest as he pays absentmindedly with the spirit's fingers.

"What's keeping you here?" The blonde asks. "Being a physic medium, I know of different reasons why a spirit can't cross over. Their lives were taken from them in a gruesome way such as murder, suicide, or tragic death. I've even known of spirits not being at rest because of unmarked graves. Your situation fits a lot of those categories."

"True." Tim nods as he runs his fingers up and down his lover's back. "But the reason that I'm still here is that my murder was very violent and it was never brought to justice. My body is lying in an unmarked grave. No coffin, no tombstone, no nothing. But. I was already here before my body was buried."

"You weren't even buried in a coffin?" Adam asks as he raises his head to look at the spirit.

"No. My body actually hung in that tree a couple of days before they cut it down. They just dug a hole and threw my body down in it. I actually watched from the balcony. After they filled in the grave, my dad spits on it." Tim says with a heavy sigh.

"That's so sad." Adam says as he swallows the lump that had risen in his throat. 

"One of the slaves that I managed to free did slip up here and put a handmade cross on my grave." Tim says with a slight smile.

"Well, that would mean that a marker or tombstone would not affect you." Adam says.

They stop talking as they hear heavy footsteps coming up the hall and stopping just outside their bedroom door.

"Yes, Austin?" Tim calls out with a slight chuckle.

"Tell Blondie that he has company coming up the driveway." Austin says.

"Thanks, Austin." Adam says as he gets up and begins to get dressed. "Why was he stomping?" He giggles as he pulls the tieback from his ponytail and runs his fingers through his hair.

"So we'd hear him." Tim answers as he too begins to get dressed.

"That's probably Chance and Sami." Adam groans slightly as he bends down to get his shoes. 

"You okay?" Tim asks.

"Yeah. Just answer me this, am I walking funny?" Adam asks before limping across the bedroom toward the door.

"Uhhh, no comment." Tim chuckles.

Adam slowly makes his way down the stairs while Tim and Austin watch from the balcony of the stairs.

Austin rolls his eyes and shakes his head at the way the blonde was walking.

The doorbell rings just as Adam reaches the bottom step. He stops long enough to try to regain his composure. His ass hurt so bad.

"Hey." Adam smiles as he opens the door for his friends. 

"Did we wake you?" Chance asks as he notices his friend's rough appearance.

"Uh, I just got up from a nap." Adam says as he heads into the living room. He paid close attention to the way he was walking. Trying hard not to limp but was unsuccessful.

"You alright? You seem to be limping a little." Sami asks.

"Charliehorse." Adam answers with a slight chuckle before changing the subject. "So what's up?"

"Sami and I were planning on going to the club tonight and we stopped by to see if you wanted to go." Chance says. "You haven't left this place since you've moved in."

"Besides that, there's another reason why I'd like for you to come with us." Sami smiles as she pulls out her phone. She pulls up a picture and hands the phone to Adam.