Chapter 21

Tim lays on the bed with his legs crossed, hands behind his head, bored out of his mind. Adam had been really secretive the last couple of days. Was he seeing someone else or was he actually doing readings in other people's homes as he said he was? After all, he was a psychic medium.

The spirit puts in some earbuds and begins to listen to a CD that Adam had. He was trying to block out the tv noise coming from Austin's room.

"Wow, this guy is awesome." Tim says to himself as he looks at the Chris Stapleton CD cover.

He closes his eyes and just listens to the soulful sound of the guy singing, losing complete track of time.

"BOO!" Adam giggles as he pokes the spirit in the ribs and removing one of the earbuds.

Tim slowly opens his eyes and looks up at the blonde.

"Boo?" He asks with a raised brow. "What the hell does that mean?"

"I was trying to scare you." Adam laughs as he sits down on the bed.

"You can't scare a spirit, Sweetheart." Tim chuckles. "Especially by saying 'Boo'. Maybe you might need to leave the scaring to me and Austin."

"Deal. What are you listening to?" Adam asks with a smile.

"Whoever this guy is." Tim says as he hands Adam the CD cover. "He's really good."

"Absolutely. He's one of my favorite singers. I love this CD." Adam nods.

"So. Did you get your 'readings' finished?" Tim asks, doing the quote motions with his fingers. Something he had picked up from the younger spirit.

"Actually, I never left the property." Adam says with a smirk on his face.

"But you said ...." Tim was silenced by Adam laying his hand over his mouth.

"I know what I said. That I was having to do some spiritual readings at someone's house. I also know that whenever I'm not around that you spend most of your time here, usually reading." Adam says.

"I need silence when I read. Couldn't very well read with Austin having the tv turned up to the high heavens." Tim replies with a roll of his eyes.

"He did that for a reason." Adam smiles.

"What are you talking about?" Tim asks.

"You know I told you a couple of weeks ago that I had a surprise for you?" Adam asks with a huge smile.

"Yeah?" Tim answers with a nod.

"Well, it was delivered today and Austin had the tv turned up so you wouldn't be able to hear anything." Adam grins.

"Just how noisy is this surprise?" Tim asks with a confused look on his face.

"The surprise, itself, is not noisy but the delivery was." Adam chuckles then takes the spirit by the hand. "You wanna see it?"

"Well, Duh." Tim says. Something else he had picked up from the younger spirit.

"Come on." Adam smiles as he pulls the ghost up from the bed.

They walk downstairs to see Chance, Sami, Rob, Kelsey and Austin (who was unseen by the others) waiting.

"This may be a stupid question, but can you see with your eyes closed?" Chance asks with a chuckle.

"Yes, I'm a spirit." Tim answers with a nod. "The eyes are just part of the package." He adds as he motions to his body.

"Well, that blows the surprise revealing." Rob laughs.