CHP10: A Normal Life?

OKthepoemsaren't mine to see thefull versions click this link. http://magenta_lily.tripod.com/sugardustedpoetry/id24.html Michael's poem is called Life. Henrietta's poem is called Death and Jade's is called Broken World

AFD

Pete got suspended for two weeks for bringing a firearm to school. Mike chose to stay home for at least three to get over the trauma but I don't exactly think it was just the gun to his head that made him so upset. I felt bad for him and Pete I was an explosion just waiting to happen. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Things were finally in a way back to normal. 

I had to admit it was pretty awkward hanging with the goths when Pete wasn't around. Henrietta would always give me a glare and Firkle would just stare dully at me. Michael as always didn't really give a crap about me. He didn't look at me, talk to me, or even mention me when speaking. Yup this was normal.

I was smoking a cigarette only ten minutes till the lunch bell. Michael threw his cig on the floor stomping it and walking away. I stared confused at where he would go. We usually went to Bennys afterwards so why bother getting lunch. I nudged Henrietta pointing Michael out. She rolled her eyes as I started following him. I walked a few steps when she decided to follow. I turned to face Firkle but he rolled his eyes and continued to smoke. I shrugged it off and continued to follow Michael.

He turned a corner facing the playground. Henrietta and I decided to watch from a close distance. He just sat at the bench staring at some of the girls talking. A lot of them were simple girly girls. One wore a pink hat with black hair another had red hair and the last girl had blonde curly hair. We watched from a distance as Michael tried so hard to be discrete about calling her over. Henrietta gritted her teeth forming her hands in a fist. I put a hand on her and she nearly knocked me down. I dodged looking dully at her. "We have to see why first, calm down, Henrietta." I whispered.

She was just talking to her friends when a red ball rolled towards her. A high pitched annoying scream came next. "Bebe you jack bitch give us the ball!" A fat annoying kid screeched. She rolled her eyes screaming at him.

"No way you asshole!" Another boy with blonde hair screamed something so stupid. I think his name was Clyde the jock I was supposed to sit next to in class.

"At least we have assholes!" He screamed. The rest of the guys agreed nodding.

"Ugh, god you guys are stupid!" She hollered kicking the ball over. She had a lot of athletic ability for a chick.

"Maybe that's why." I said to Henrietta who disagreed. "Maybe it's her big mouth." I suggested.

"Maybe but she's totally conformist." She said. I sighed giving up. The blonde slowly walked towards Michael and we listened carefully.

"Hi, Firkle!" She she squealed. I rolled my eyes not even knowing why Michael would like such a conformist.

"It's Michael..." He said dully.

"So you come for some more you know?" She asked winking. He kind of gave her a confused look and she giggled. She ran her fingers through his curly hair and Michael blushed.

He stepped back shaking his head. "Yeah, more of that. The thing you helped me with... Last time." He said looking away. "Conformist." He scoffed. The blonde rolled her eyes stepping forward.

She was about to speak when a yell interrupted her. "Hey! Bebe! What are you doing!" The black hair girl screamed.

"I gotta go, okay cutes?" She said pecking Michael on the cheek. She then ran back to her friends. All the while I was holding Henrietta down.

We went back to the loading dock where only Firkle was. He glared at me once more and I rolled my eyes. I just picked up a cigarette and stood there smoking. We smoked in silence as Firkle glared at me. "You're a Nazi cheerleader conformist." He simply said. I wanted to punch him but he was just a little kindergarten kid.

The day went slowly with both Henrietta and Firkle hating me, and Michael paying no attention to me whatsoever. I had to keep reminding myself of my options. No way was I gonna wear freaking GAP clothes and no way was I gonna go vamp so here was where I'd stay. I wasn't dating anyone so I wasn't necessarily staying for Pete. 

I was surprised when Henrietta invited me to write poems at her house. Her mom coddled me excited that Henrietta finally had a female friend. It was the worst ten minutes of my life. I sat on her bed with her and Michael and Firkle took the floor. The night was pitch black just like us creatures of the night liked. Only a couple of candles lit the dark room. We lit our cigarettes waiting for one of us to finish. After fifteen minutes Michael finished first.

"My existence has turned into a hell. I'm drowning in blood soaked tears, I'm falling from a starless sky. It's making me insane. The only way to slay the demon, Is to bring my life to an end." We stared at Michael as he finished his poem. Henrietta was up next. She kind of gave me a glare then gave a nastier glare to Michael. 

"Death points to me with a long, bony finger. In darkness, tells me to be calm. I cannot see any light. After an eternity. I arrive in Hell. For I am his. "

"Whoa..." Michael and I said at the same time. Firkle coughed holding his paper up about to read.

"I don't know why I feel the way that I do now. With an urge to kill..." He said clearly glaring at me. "A desire to thrill, While my world crashes down." I frowned as he continued to glare.

"Your turn Jade." Michael said.

"Loneliness and darkness filled my soul. When I realized that life had no meaning all I felt was the razor sharp blades in my eyes. It's not too long but ehm..." I said waiting for a response. Firkle gave me a thumbs down as Henrietta glared and Michael looked dully at me. Just then Henrietta's mom walked in.

"Henrietta it's getting late, don't you think you should be getting to bed?" Henrietta gave a great sigh.

"Ugh, shut up mom! You'd like for me to go to bed, so you can stick razor blades in my eyes." She shouted. Her mom smiled.

"Oh you're so creative honey." She clapped leaving the room.

"Maybe we should get going." I said already packing my bags." They all rolled their eyes.

"Conformist." They said as I closed the door.