Chapter 19

I was in the middle of dusting and doing some daily chores around the house when Philip ran into the room.

"Look grandpa's in the paper!"

He ran over to me and started to point at the paper.

"War hero Philip Schuyler in danger of losing Senate seat to young upstart Aaron Burr!"

My stomach felt like it dropped. If Alexander knew about this he would lose his mind.

"Grandpa might lose his seat in the Senate."

I rubbed my forehead, "I thought he was unopposed."

"Not according to the paper he isn't."

"Philip go make sure the door is closed."

He went to go close the door he opened and I grabbed a few of Alexander's papers. I then grabbed Philip's hand and we ran out of the house and onto the street. Thank goodness Eliza was watching over the younger children for the weekend.

"I gotta go, I gotta find Alexander."

Philip started to smile, "Let him know we're on his side!"

I looked down to him, "No. He'll consider this a personal slander. I've gotta stop a homicide."

Philip's face went pale, "Oh..."

We started to walk faster and I looked down to Philip again.

"Let's go and find your father down in New York."

He pumped his fist in the air, "New York!"

We walked around the city for only a few minutes before we heard a familiar voice. I turned around and I saw Alexander talking to Burr. I had to get over there quickly before Alexander did something he would regret.

"Alexander there you are!"

Both of the men looked at me.

"(Y/N)?"

I walked up to Alexander and I handed him the stack of papers I had in my hand.

"You forgot your papers."

I turned my head and I caught a glimpse of Burr. He looked tired as well, not as bad as Alexander though. I walked over to Burr and I curtsied and looked back up to him.

"Mister Burr, good sir, it's been so long. How are the Theodosias?"

"As a matter of fact, my wife has taken ill."

I frowned at the fact that his wife was ill. I hope that she would get better and continue to take care of her family.

"I'm not surprised, what with the chill." I put my hand on his shoulder and I flashed a small smile. "You'll send her our regards."

He smiled, "I will."

"And how's your daughter?"

Philip came next to me and held my hand. Burr suddenly beamed with happiness and he smiled as he talked about his daughter.

"She's my pride and joy! Fluent in French and Latin."

Philip then yelled out, "So am I!"

I giggled at him and I laid my hand on top of his head.

"She's the same age as your boy."

Alexander then came out from behind me and pulled Philip close to him.

"Well one day he'll run Manhattan and..."

I couldn't let Alexander get into a fight right now so I cut him off.