One ❤

Heartless people are thought to be the worst, but the real twisted ones are those who have a heart, but are still unwilling to help.

Donghyuck's POV

The cheerful chatter of the other students was getting on my nerves, their laughter filling me with envy. With quick footsteps and my head hung low, I wanted to reach my locker unnoticed.

"Hey, Hyuck!" A pink haired boy ran up to me while waving.

"Hi." My voice was quiet, I didn't want anyone else to hear it.
It's revolting.

I looked at the boy to see him smiling as he fixed his hat. His eyes trailed behind me and were fixated on something. His smile suddenly dropped and he quickly met his eyes back with mine.

Curious at his sudden change in expression, I turned my head to see a few guys approaching in our direction. Jaemin was quick to react and grabbed my arm to run towards the school building before they were able to reach us.

"Who are they? Do you know them?"

"Don't.. don't talk to them. They're not normal. They're cruel and vile, avoid them." He spoke in a hushed, low tone as we walked towards the lockers.

I hummed as I walked towards my own locker which was a few lockers away from Jaemin's. I felt someone staring at me, but I brushed it off thinking it might just be me being paranoid.

"Let's go?" I grabbed my books and nodded my head, following beside him.

I wasn't completely friendless. I had a few friends here and there in different classes, and I was never on my own although I felt alone.

"Hyuck, I hope you remember what I said about them. Steer clear of them, don't even look at them, especially for today. They choose their targets on this day."

"Targets?"

"Yeah, they find someone to play their sick, twisted games on. You don't want to be targetted on."

I bit my lip and looked around to see if any of them were near us, the feeling of being watched was still present.
"Okay."

The hallway was slowly getting more and more empty as students made their way to their classes. We soon followed suit and entered our classroom to take a seat in our usual places which were beside each other.

"Those guys are in our classes, but they usually ditch them, so hope they'll ditch today, too." Jaemin sighed as he slumped back into his chair.

"Yeah." Resting my head on the palm of my hand, I let my mind drift off as I stared out the window blankly.

I was suddenly jerked out of my empty thoughts when I felt Jaemin elbow me as he whisper-shouted, "They're here. Fuck, don't look at them."

Hearing that, I immediately looked due to reflexes, and Jaemin slapped my arm.
"I said don't look!"

I gulped as I looked back at Jaemin.
"He saw me."

"What?"

"One of them saw me and he smiled, but it was like an evil kind of smile."
I squirmed in my seat in discomfort as I slowly turned my head to the back of the class, where they were seated, to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I felt my breath hitch as the guy's eyes met mine and his mouth twisted upwards into the same smile from before.

I looked away immediately and heard Jaemin sigh.
"You're fucked."

The teacher walked in and silenced everyone before starting the lesson.
That smile was stuck in my head throughout the lesson and sent shivers down my spine. The constant feeling still annoying me.

Once we were dismissed for our next lesson, I grabbed my bag and sprinted out, afraid of seeing that smile for the third time.

Jaemin followed behind and caught up with me once I stopped to catch my breath.

"What happens if you become a target?"

"I don't know."

The day quickly passed without us having to encounter them again to our relief, and it was our last class of the day.

"I'll meet you in class, I need to go to the washroom." Jaemin waved and I walked into the classroom alone.
Nervously looking around and ready to make a run for it if I see those guys, I sat down at my seat and prayed for either Jaemin or the teacher to walk in. My prayers were answered as the teacher walked in shortly after, but there was no sign of Jaemin anywhere. I sent him a text and tried calling him but both were unanswered. My worry for the boy grew as each minute passed by.

The dismissal bell rang and I found myself sprinting out again, but this time to find someone rather than to avoid someone. I ran into the washroom I had seen him enter before the class and saw him sitting in the corner.

There were marks all over his neck and his face was tear-stained. He looked up at me and with his voice cracking, he whispered softly,

"I'm a target."

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤❤❤