Three ❤

Donghyuck's POV

The boy's head was resting on my shoulder as he sobbed in my arms.

"Why does it have to be me?"

"What happened..?" I asked hesitantly, scared to know what happened to him while he was in here.

He lifted his head up, his eyes were bloodshot from crying.

Pointing at his neck, he whispered, "This, a forced kiss and a threat."
His voice faltered as he covered his mouth and gagged a little.
"I think I'm gonna be sick."

I felt so bad for him.
I shouldn't have let him go alone.

"We need to tell Mr. Seo."

He grabbed my arm as I was getting up, stopping me from standing up.
"N-no, don't tell anyone. I don't know what he'll do to me if he finds out. I don't want to end up dead."

"But, he might do something worse to you if you don't tell anyone."

"What's worse than being killed?"
He covered his face with his hands as he buried his face on his knees.
"Hyuck, I'm scared."

I grabbed his arm and pulled onto it after standing up, motioning for him to get up. He wiped his face as he hesitantly stood up.
Passing by the mirror, he bit his lip, trying to hold back his tears after seeing his reflection. He shut his eyes and wrapped his hands around his neck, trying to hide the marks as he winced at the pain.

"How do I hide these?"

"It's okay, there probably aren't that many people in school right now."

Nodding his head he let his hands fall back to his sides as he walked out and I followed behind him.

I saw him stop dead in his tracks as he immediately grabbed my arm.

"He's right there."

A brown-haired boy stood leaning on Jaemin's locker as he looked down at his phone.

"We need to go." Jaemin dragged me out by the arm while hiding his face with the other.

"Wait, who's there? Who is he?"

"Shhh, stop speaking so loud! The guy whose target I am." He peeked through his fingers to look back, but turned his head back forward quickly.

"Wait! We still need to take our textbooks, we have homework."
I remembered once we got out of the school and Jaemin was already walking down the steps.

"Oh my god, it doesn't matter right now. I don't want to go back inside."

"I don't want detention! Okay, how about this, you stay here, I'll go in and grab my textbook from my locker. I don't think he knows who I am."

"Fine, okay, be quick."

He sat down beside the doors of the school and gave me a thumbs up before hugging his knees and placing his head onto them.

Walking back to my locker briskly, I saw that that guy was still infront of Jaemin's, in the same position. There was no one else there since it had been quite a while after school ended. I opened up my locker to grab the book I had come back for when two unfamiliar things inside caught my eye.

I reached out for the metallic object which was placed neatly on my books.

A knife?

Turning it around, I analysed it as I wondered what it was doing in my locker. It was a small knife and looked to be quite expensive.
A small letter 'L' was engraved at the end of the metallic part of the knife.
I placed it back in the position I saw it in and took out the piece of paper I had seen inside. It was neatly folded in two and was placed underneath the knife.

The beautiful handwriting contrasted the gastly words written with them.

_____
|

Donghyuck.

I've seen you around, Donghyuck, the pathetic look you always have on your face excites me. It builds onto my desire to ruin you, to see you hurt.
You don't need to know who I am, although my name is worth remembering.

You seem to fear everyone, but I want just the thought of me to overshadow others.
One which drives despair into you and leaves you helpless.

I have a small request which I know you won't mind following.

I want you to take the knife, the one I've given you as a present, and carve the same letter on your arm as the one on the it.
Note that I'll be checking tomorrow.

If you don't want to do it, it's okay, don't.
I'm sure you'll love the pain I'll inflict onto you from the torture I'll make you go through.

From now on, you'll belong to only me, and you'll have to follow my demands.

Like I said before, it's okay if you don't want to. The population of the student body is big enough, I'm sure one person missing will be quite insignificant.

Do what I want you to do, and you'll only receive minor pain.

P.S You're my target.

|____

I read the letter in my now trembling hand repeatedly until I couldn't bring myself to read it anymore The feeling of hopelessness entered my chest as I crushed the letter and stuffed it into my bag.

My hand hovered over the knife as I contemplated whether I wanted to bring it with me, or not. Without thinking twice, I just threw it into my bag and grabbed the textbook which was under it. I walked out of there without looking back to find Jaemin.

It's a joke.

All of it is a joke.

♢   ♢   ♢   ♢   ♢

Thanks for reading 💙💙💙💙💙