Twenty-One ❤

Mark's POV:

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?" Jeno replied back while still being in his own thoughts.
He was leaning a bit too far forward on the railing of the roof but didn't seem too bothered about falling. I had gone back to sitting in the same position as before, after I made the tanned boy leave.
Jeno returned back without any question when I called him.

"Where did you run off to just now?"
That wasn't the question I had wanted to ask but, the air was too tight for me to just casually ask something that would be too abnormal to us.

I heard him chuckle before he turned his back to face me and lean on the railing with his mischievous smile still on his face.
Raising a brow, I urged him to answer.
"Well?"

He looked me dead in the eye before answering so smugly.
"Somewhere."

"Are you seriously keeping it a secret from me?" I scoffed in amusement, since that was a first.
But, by the look on his face, I knew it had to do something with his target, since that boy was missing today too.
"Alright." I won't pry into your business.

I got up and gave him a small wave before leaving him there while he returned back to his thoughts.

Being near that guy was driving me insane since our situations were worlds apart and I doubt he was going to understand.

Since even I didn't understand jackshit.

Even though I might have looked as calm as ever on the outside, my mind was filled with so many questions that annoyed me beyond existence.

Stepping out of the school, I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my hoodie while the list of questions unleashed itself in my head.

How was I supposed to continue this stupid game when I don't feel like hurting that puny rat?

Where did all the joy go?

Wasn't I supposed to get a thrill from watching that knife pierce trough his skin?

Those tears were meant to bring out my inner animal, to be savage and ruthless while the accomplishment from seeing him cry builds onto my ego.

What about him made me doubt myself?

He isn't the least bit special to me so, why do I feel bad for him?

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

Thanks for reading 💙💙💙💙💙

Jesus, it's been so long since I updated this book, I'm so sorry.

I'll try to make up for it with an update a day throughout this week for your patience. uwu ❤❤❤