The New Kid: PT.3

At home...

Ariana's Perspective:

Once I got home, my mom told me to go outside and greet the neighbors. Honestly, I did not feel like going outside in this new country ever since I had to face the bullies. But, I had no choice and at 6 in the evening, I wore my jacket and walked outside. Almost every door, there were neighbors who looked at me strangely or who did not bother to open the door. But as I walked, I stopped by this bright colored house and it was pretty cool. 

When I rang the bell, to my surprise Kim Namjoon opened the door. He had a happy and shocked reaction.

" Ariana, what are you doing here", he asked.

I answered, " Oh, I am your new neighbor. I live like around 13 houses down the area."

" Wait, you joking. Right?", he laughed .

I rolled my eyes and raised my eyebrow, " Do I look like I am joking?"

" Ok, fine. I will see tomorrow if you really live 13 houses down", he challenged.

I sighed and asked, " Is this a challenge?"

" If you say so", he shrugged 

I smiled and said, " If you find that I was correct about where I live, you need to take me somewhere special."

" And if you lied to me that you live 13 houses down, you need to be like my servant. Just being there for me 24 hours. So, deal?", he said as he reached his hand out.

I took his hand and we made a deal. After then, I waved goodbye and left.

Namjoon's Perspective:

I walked back into my room and laid on my bed. I thought about her too much. She is very nice and sweet. But in the middle, my thoughts were interrupted by my little sister.

*in Korean

" What do you want", I asked.

" Mommy and Daddy are calling for dinner", she replied

" Ok, I am coming", I said .

I walked downstairs and into the table. Everyone was quiet and eating. While I was eating noodles, my mom asked me something.

" Honey?", she asked.

I replied, " Yes, mom?"

" Who was at the doorstep?", she asked.

I looked down and told, " Just a new neighbor".

" You know who they are?", she asked.

I answered, " The girl is my new classmate, Ariana".

She smiled and said that she looks like a nice girl. I had to agree with her . After dinner, I went straight to my bed and flopped down. I felt maybe I should just get to know her better. I will ask her tomorrow at school.