Chapter 34

The next morning I wake up and stare blankly at the ceiling for almost ten minutes. I have 45 minutes until I should leave for the airport. I'm going to leave here by 5:00am so I have plenty of time to get to my 7:00 flight. It is currently 4:15pm.

    I get out of bed, fold up my blanket and put it in my suitcase. I won't be returning to this house ever. I will of course see the boys again, but they're moving anyway, so it kind of worked out. 

    I take my outfit that I plan to wear out of my closet and change in the bathroom. I apply a small amount of mascara and concealer and then correctly pack up all my make up. I decide to put it all in my carry on.

    I have three bags. My carry on and two bags that will get checked. The bags that are getting checked are huge. I mean, afterall, I did have to pack up my entire room.

    I carefully bring all my bags downstairs and set them by the front door. Thinking everyone is still asleep, I walk into the kitchen, but I am surprised when I see all five boys standing behind the counter. In front of them, there is a plate of pancakes and a glass of orange juice.

    "Guys.." I say walking up to them.

    Ricky had been crying. I can tell because his eyes are puffy and red.

    "We want this morning to be amazing." Sam speaks for the whole group.

    I walk up to Ricky and hug him, "Don't cry. I'll be back."

    Ricky nods.

    "Guys, don't be sad because then I'll be sad." I tease.

    "We're just gonna miss you a lot." Connor says.

    "A ton." Kian adds.

   I sit down and eat my perfectly prepared pancakes, while still talking to them.

    "It's time." I say minutes later.

    They all nod.

    We pile my bags into the back of Ricky's orange Kia.

    I ride in Ricky's car with Ricky and Connor. Kian, Trevor, and Sam ride in Kian's car.

    "See you at the airport." I tell them and then climb into the passenger side of Ricky's car.

    Connor sits in the middle, so we can still talk.

    It was a 15 minute drive to the airport because, surprisingly, the traffic wasn't bad. I mean this is LA afterall, when is the traffic not bad? I guess this morning.

    I thought of it as a sign. A sign that I am doing the right thing. So far this morning has been perfect. Kian didn't break anything, Ricky didn't completely break down, Connor and I aren't awkward, Sam's new tattoo didn't get infected, and Trevor didn't burn the pancakes... horribly.

    Oh, and Jc didn't magically show up at my door. Because that's how it works in the stories. The boy who runs away somehow manages to return minutes before the girl leaves. He gives his best efforts to apologize and they usually work. Then the girl stays and everyone lives happily ever after.

    Well that wasn't the case for Jc and I. And I am so glad.

    "Ashley? Are you ready?" Ricky asks, knudging my knee.

    "Yeah, sorry." I mumble, exiting my daze.

    That's me. Ever since day one of entering California. I always end up asleep or in a daze.

    Connor, Ricky, and I pile out of the car and join Kian, Trevor, and Sam by the trunk.

    "So this is it." Sam states.