Class Exams

Y/n's POV

"Y/n? Are you still in here?" Hermione asked and poked her head inside of our dorm room. I didn't respond, and instead pulled my blanket further over my head, curling myself deeper into my mattress. After what had happened yesterday, I hadn't been able to stop crying. I had cried myself to sleep last night, and this morning, as soon as I woke up, I started crying again. I could feel that my face was puffy, and I probably looked like a huge mess. Breakfast was over by now, meaning it was time for class, but I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. "I know you're upset with how things between you and Malfoy ended, but maybe it was for the best."

"The best for you guys maybe," I shoot back and shove the blankets away from myself to look at Hermione. "You, Harry, and Ron hate him! You've probably been hoping that this would happen."

Hermione sighed and took a seat at the edge of my bed. "Okay, so we haven't exactly been supportive when it came to you and Malfoy, but that didn't mean we wanted you guys to end things. You were happy, so we were happy. Look, I know this must suck, and I know you just want to stay in bed for the whole week, but OWLs are coming up. And I know you care about about your education because you want to do something with your life one day. So you have to get up."

I sniffled and wiped my eyes. "Ugh. I hate that you're right. But as soon as classes are done and I've finished all my assignments, I'm climbing back into bed."

"You still have to study for OWLs," Hermione pointed out.

"Only for classes I'm not the best in," I counter and get out of bed. "So that means Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures, and Herbology. I can definitely pass Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, History or Magic, and Ancient Runes."

"That doesn't mean you shouldn't study," Hermione claimed as I threw on my clothes.

"I've got to make the most of my time, Mione. Now, lets get to class," I say. What I forgot to remember was that Defense Against the Dark Arts was first. And my seat was right next to Draco, the one person I didn't want to see at the moment. "Um, Professor Umbridge? Is there anyway I could change seats?" 

Umbridge frowned. "Is there a problem, Ms. Fawley?" 

"I'd just like to change seats," I push. "If that's not a problem." 

"Well, there aren't any more seats available, so you'll have to stay there," Umbridge told me. I took a deep breath and nodded before sitting down in my seat next to Draco without saying a word. 

................................................

It was finally time for OWLs. I felt prepared in most of the subjects, so I was just ready to get these exams over with. Right as I walked into the large room where the exams were taking place, I bumped into Draco. I didn't say anything to him, and just walked around him. Then I chose the seat farthest away from him so that he wouldn't distract me. Taking my OWLs put my mind in a better place. Becoming an Auror like my father was something I had always dreamed of. And to accomplish it, I needed to do well on my OWLs and even better on my NEWTs. Some time in the middle of one of the exams, a loud noise hit my ears. I figured it was nothing and ignored it, getting back to work. But it soon sounded again. This time, I turned to look at the door, which Umbridge had walked over to investigate. As soon as she opened the door, a firework flew in. 

Fred and George flew in on brooms shortly after the firework and set off more fireworks that exploded around me. The fireworks display made Umbridge furious, and it was a little funny seeing her get mad, her face beet red. That's when George threw a huge firework into the air, and it exploded with a loud boom before turning into a ginormous dragon. The dragon headed straight for Umbridge, who ran into the hallway, but unfortunately, she couldn't escape. The dragon exploded when it enclosed her in it's mouth, and all of the proclamations she had Filch put up shattered and fell to the ground around her. Everyone in the room then ran outside, and we all watched as Fred and George flew away with an orange W blazing in the sky behind them.

..................................................

"Hey!" I shout and struggle in Goyle's arms. "Let me go." I struggled to get out of his grasp, but he was strong. And because I was struggling so much, Goyle eventually picked me up and slung me over his shoulder. "Put me down this instant you slimy git!" When we entered Umbridge's office, Goyle finally set me down, and I brushed myself off. "Never touch me like that again or I swear I'll-" 

"Ms. Fawley," Umbridge interjected. "I'm glad you could make it." I then looked around to see that I wasn't in here alone. Along with the whole Inquisitorial Squad, which included Draco, my friends Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Neville, and Luna were here as well. Umbridge guided me to a seat in the center of the room before bombarding me with questioned. "This whole club was Dumbledore's idea, wasn't it?" 

"No," I reply. "He had nothing to do with is. Us students as a collective decided to make it a thing." 

"Liar," Umbridge scolded as Snape entered the room.

"You sent for me headmistress," Snape spoke.

"Snape, yes," Umbridge confirmed. "The time has come for answers, whether Ms. Fawley wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?" 

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students. The last of it on Miss Chang," Snape informed her. "Unless you wish to poison her, I cannot help you."

"Very well. You give me no choice, Ms. Fawley. As this is an issue of Ministry security, you leave me with no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue," Umbridge shared and pulled out her wand. 

"What? That's illegal. You can't do that," I retort. From the corner of my eye, I saw Draco clench his fists, but ignored him and focused all of my energy on Umbridge.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him," Umbridge claimed. 

"Tell her, Harry," Hermione demanded. "Before Y/n get's hurt." 

"Tell me what?" Umbridge questioned. 

"Well, if you won't tell her where it is, then I will," Hermione said. 

"Where what is?" Umbridge asked. 

"Dumbledore's secret weapon," Hermione responded. As Harry and Hermione left to show Umbridge this "secret weapon", the rest of us knew that we needed a plan to get out of there, and Ron seemed to come up with the perfect one. As soon as he said that he was hungry, every member of the Inquisitorial Squad reached for the Puking Pastels. And they ate every single one. It wasn't a pretty sight. After that, Neville, Ron, Ginny, Luna, and I ran to the bridge where we met up with Hermione and Harry. 

"Look, it's not that I don't appreciate everything you've done, all of you, but I've got you into enough trouble as it is. I need to do this myself," Harry explained.

"Dumbledore's Army is supposed to be about doing something real. Or was that all just words to you?" Neville quizzed. 

"Maybe you don't have to do this all by yourself, mate," Ron proposed. 

Harry smiled. "All right. So how are we going to get to London?" 

"We fly of course," Luna answered. Luna's idea of flying needed some work. I thought she meant we would be flying on brooms, but no. She meant flying on Thestreals. By nightfall, we arrived in London. And then we entered the Ministry of Magic, heading straight for the Department of Mysteries.