three

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

"ALARM IS dead." Scott announced over his comm before the sound of a window sliding open was heard by everyone.

"Nice." Luis replied, glancing at the house. Christina leaned back in her seat, glancing out the rear-view mirror before moving to the side mirrors.

"All right, I'm moving through the house." Scott informed, followed by the sound of more ruckus. The four listened to keys jingling, Scott shuffling down stairs, and the sound of a lock turning.

After a pause, Scott spoke up, "There's a fingerprint lock on the door."

"It's gonna a what?" Luis asked. "Ernest didn't tell me anything about that." he glanced at Chris. "Did you know about that?"

Christina blinked before shrugging. "I-I can't say I do. Haven't been in that house in ages."

Luis frowned. "Aw, man. Are we screwed?"

Another pause. "Not necessarily."

They all listened in silence as Scott rummaged around in the house. Christina's face scrunched up. "What are you doing?"

"I'm cured super glue over his fingerprint, so I can..." he stopped talking for a moment to unlock the door. "Get in."

Christina smirked. "No shit..."

"No alarms have been triggered. He's in like the Flynn." Kurt added, eyes trained to his laptop screen.

When the door opened, Scott sighed over his comm. "Oh man."

"What is it?" Luis asked.

"Well, they weren't kidding." Scott said. "This safe is serious."

"How serious we talking, Lang?" Christina inquired, remembering what the safe looked like.

"It's a Carbondale." Scott said disappointedly, followed by his boots on the floor. "It's from 1910. Made from the same steel as the Titanic."

"Wow." Luis breathed. "Can you crack it?"

"Well, here's the thing. It doesn't do so well in the cold. Remember what that iceberg did?"

"Yeah, man. Killed DiCaprio." Luis answered.

"Killed everybody." Dave added.

"You know that Leonardo DiCaprio isn't actually dead, right?" Christina asked, raising an eyebrow. "His character is dead...not him." she paused, no body responding to her. "It's important to me that you guys know that."

"Did not kill the old lady. She still throw the jewels into the oceans." Kurt commented.

They all listened in on Scott breaking into the door with his drill. After the sound of pouring water confused everyone.

"What are you doing?" Luis asked.

"I poured water into the locking mechanism and froze it with nitrogen. Ice expands, metal doesn't."