six

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺  𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

          AFTER THE emotional breakthrough with Hope and Hank, things seemed to look up for everyone. Scott mastered growing and shrinking with the suit, was able to identify and control the various species of ants, and actually overpowered Christina in combat.

"The final phase of your training will be a stealth incursion." Hank said, standing in his lab with the other three. "You must retrieve this prototype of a signal decoy."

Hank's ginger tapped on a blueprint of the decoy he was talking about. "It's a device that I invented during my SHIELD days."

"We need it to counteract the transmission blockers that Cross installed in the Futures vault." Hope added, twirling a pen around her fingers.

"It's currently collecting dust in one of Howard Stark's old storage facility in upstate New York." Hank said.

Christina nodded. "Don't worry about being alone," she tapped her ear with a smile. "We'll be directing you the whole time. Should be a piece of cake."

          "IT'S FREEZING! Couldn't you make a suit with a flannel lining?!" Scott yelled, the sound of loud wind almost drowning his voice.

"You're over the target area." Hank informed Scott, all three sitting by a desk with multiple monitors in front of them. "Disengage...now, Scott!"

"Squadron A, go! B, go!" Scott commanded, ushering a swarm of ants out a moving airplane. "C, go! Alright, Ant-thony, please don't drop me this time!"

The three watched on the screens as Scott hopped on the ant's back before falling out the airplane. "Oh, it feels like a big leap from sugar cubes to this!"

"Stay calm." Hank said.

"You're doing great so far, Scott." Chris added.

When Scott got control of Ant-thony, he flew the heard towards the location, only to realize a mistake.

"Uh, guys? We might have a problem. Hank, didn't you say this was some old warehouse?" Scott asked, eyes trained on the Avengers facility. "It's not!"

Hank looked down at the old photograph of the warehouse as Scott cursed him out. "You son of a bitch!"

"Scott, get out of there." Hope said, leaning forward.

"Abort! Abort now!" Hank quickly said after.

"No, it's okay. Doesn't look like anyone's home." Scott said, dismissing their commands. "Ant-thony, get me to the roof!"

"You think he can handle this?" Chris asked quietly, turning away from the mic she used to talk to Scott.

"He's gonna lose his suit." Hank said, holding his hand over his own mic.

"He's gonna lose his life." Hope remarked.

They all watched in anticipation as Scott landed on the roof of the facility, landing on it with a tuck and roll. "Alright, I'm on the roof of the building."