twelve

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

          "GUYS? EVERYTHING'S bad over here. Please—" Scott rounded a decaying hallway before getting kicked harshly in the stomach. His whole body lifted into the air, quickly falling down and slamming into a heater attached to the opposite wall.

He groaned, shutting his eyes as Ava approached him. Just as she was going to reach down at Scott, her vision caught the lab suddenly shrinking down. She watched helplessly as a van suddenly pulled up next to it.

Luis ran out, grabbing it before jumping back into the van. Ava's head turned, spotting Bill being guarded by ants. 

"Misdirection," Scott proudly said below her, smiling beneath his mask. Ava sharply turned to look at him. "One of the first things they teach you in Online Close-Up Magic University."

Holding up his hand, he suddenly shrank down. Ava turned back to the window, punching down her fists as the van drove off.

"Plan worked," Luis held on to the lab tightly as Christina swerved the van. "We got it, Scottie."

"Meet us at the rendezvous point." Hope chimed in after.

"Okay, on my way!" Scott quickly replies, all hearing the flutter of ant's wings in the background.

Christina seems to relax in her driver's seat; feeling as if they were actually going to pull this off. A smile starts to tug on her lips before she suddenly jolts up in attention.

In front of her, four SUVs head straight for them. Her foot nearly slams on the break; still in the vacant parking lot.

"Oh, no," Hope hisses, throwing a hand towards the vehicles. "This guy again?"

"Who?"

"Burch." Christina bitterly spat, tightening her hands around the wheel.

"Hey, Chris, remember you told me how you love to drive?" Hope asked sweetly, glancing at her. Christina smirked again, getting her idea.

"Change of plans, I guess." She stated, throwing the car into reverse. Burch's vehicles followed. Shifting her hands into a different position, Christina gave a slapdash look over her shoulder. "Have you guys ever seen that movie Baby Driver?"

Wordlessly, Luis' eyes widen before he grips the handle above him. 

Christina used the palm of her right hand to sharply turn the van around before shifting again to speed off. She leads the three cars out of the parking lot and onto the streets. They do a few turns before going down an angled road.

By the speed they were going at, the van momentarily lifts off the ground. Luis bites back a scream.

"Tango on your left, Chris." Hope suddenly informs, causing everyone's eyes to follow. One of the black SUVs pulls up to her window, glaring at her.

"No problem. Luis, I'd suggest hanging on to something." She responds causally, gripping a large lever between them. Upon pulling it down, the whole van shrinks to insect size. The SUV swerves in their direction, missing them and crashing into parked cars.

Growing back to regular size, she turned the corner with the others closely following.

"Holy shit!" Luis yelled, tensing in his seat. "Where'd you learn to drive like this?!"

"It's a hobby?" Christina cheekily replies, smiling at him. She glances in her side mirror, spotting another car trying to rear-end her.

She quickly shrinks down again, now driving underneath the large car.

Luis groans in disgust, leaning forward and looking up. "That undercarriage is filthy!"

"They got bigger problems." Hope comments as well, staring up.

Christina slams the lever forward, growing again and throwing the SUV into the air. Luis and Hope watch it twist before crashing into the pavement and crumplling down the angled road.

"What are you guys doing?" Scott suddenly asks in all their comms, making Christina jump a little. "You're heading away from the rendezvous point."

"Don't worry," Hope replies, twisting in her seat to see even more vehicles trail them than before. "We're taking these guys on the scenic route."

Scott glances around in the air, spotting their van head for a road that was curved in multiple places. "What are you..? Oh."

Christina shrinks again at the dropoff, hearing the first crash of a car. The second follows, launching into the air and over the windy road. 

The car lands inches away from hitting them, causing the entire van to jolt. As small pebbles rain down on the roof, Luis starts to cry out; "Oh my God! Oh, my God! We're gonna die!"

Hope gives him a concerned look as Christina grits her teeth. They avoid the up-turned bricks and rock and continue their journey.

They reemerge normal again, just as Scott suddenly appears next to Hope, behind Christina and Luis. Christina flinches as bullets start to bounce off the exterior of the van.

She quickly unbuckles her seatbelt, shuffling her way between the seat and where the doors were at the back. "Be right back!"

"Wait! What?!" Scott shouts before he pulls himself into the vacant seat.

Opening one of the doors, she sticks her arms out to hit one of the motorbikes with a shrinking disk. Satisfied, she aims elsewhere, at another biker.

A small jolt from the car makes her miss, a biker; shrinking an elderly man's car as he was just about to get in. His head turns, staring at them beneath his dark sunglasses.

Christina watches him say something, feeling bad.

"Sorry!" She yells out to the white-haired man, doubting he heard her. She leans back, shutting the door. "Can you keep us straight please?!"

"Be careful, Scott." Hope hisses at him, feeling a knot in her stomach due to Chris nearly shrinking a stranger.

"Give me a break!" Scott shouts back to both women, over the noise. "I haven't driven in two years!"

More bullets rain on the van as Christina notices an empty PEZ dispenser beside her legs. In a quick moment, she grabs it and throws it out the back of the car. Using an enlarging disk, she hits it.

The Hello Kitty dispenser grows to a terrifying size, forcing the nearest biker to break. He falls off his bike and rolls off the street.

"Aw! You got PEZed!" Luis laughs, watching from his side mirror.

Ava suddenly appears next to the van, riding her own bike. Scott gasps, turning in his seat. "Up here!"

Christina shuts the door, turning to move to the driver's seat. Before she could even stand, she heard Scott, "Oh, that's not good."

Luis' eyes widen as multiple thuds were heard above them on the roof. Ava's body suddenly phases in through the windshield, straight for Christina. Her foot lands on her chest, sending her straight out the back of the vehicle.

The last thing she heard was Scott calling after her.