nine

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

"WE GOT a big problem,"

Scott instantly frowned, "What?"

Christina turned in concern, following Scott. "Is it Luis?"

Scott nodded before switching it to speakerphone. "What's going on Luis?"

"You forgot the motion sensors on the back of the building," Luis informed, causing Christina to lift her eyebrows. "And they're on the proposal, and Karapetyan asked for them specifically."

Scott and Christina glanced at each other. "Uh, yeah, look, i-it's been a little crazy. Look, maybe I can stop by and take a look at it."

"No, no, no, no, no..." Luis hissed at them. "The meeting's first thing in the morning. You gotta come right now and fix it!"

"I can't. I wish I could, but I can't leave."

"You know what? I'm coming to you." Christina's eyes widened. They could hear Luis moving papers on the other end. "I'll just bring the plans. They're on the laptop. And you can fix them there. Just tell me where you are."

"It's complicated," Scott whispered nervously.

"What do you mean it's complicated?"

"As in we're hiding in the woods," Christina piped in, leaning down towards the phone.

"Christina? You're with Scott? Where are you guys?"

The two adults shared another look.

          "SYSTEM'S IN the green," Hope glanced at her father, starting up the tunnel.

"Priming the coils," Hank responded, pressing multiple buttons on their panel. The machine whirred to life.

Scott stood by the glass, watching silently.

"Full charge." Hope glanced at Scott. "As soon as the tunnel's open, let us know if you get anything that could be apart of her message."

"Okay, here it goes," Hank slowly lifted a handle, activating the tunnel. They watched the prongs stick out before slowly rotating. As they picked up speed, Hank and Hope smiled.

"We did it," Hope chuckled, grabbing Hank's shoulder. Christina smiled to herself, intertwining her fingers. She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Hank give her a gracious smile as well.

After a moment, Hank nodded at Scott. "Got anything?"

Scott only shook his head with a lame smile. "Nothing."

Hope's smile started to falter, which made Christina anxious in return.

"Well, just give it a minute, cause it could—" Hank paused himself when the machine slowed down to a chilling stop.

Hope rushed to the controls, trying everything she could to start it back up again. Scott glanced over his shoulder, confused by everything. "What's happening?"

"It's shutting down!" Hope snapped in frustration.

Chris peered over her shoulder. "Is it the vectors?"

"We've gone over them a million times! I know they're right!" Hank curtly replied back.

"Apparently not," Chris rolled her eyes, not caring if the man heard her or not.