two

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

"I'M SORRY, Hank!" Scott whined, chasing after him with Christina and Hope following. "I'm sorry I took the suit. I'm sorry I called last night. I-I-I don't remember seeing Janet down there. I wish that I did. I just had a dream about her playing hide-and-seek with a little girl."

At the mention of the game, Scott saw everyone tense. Hope and Hank looked the most concerned, while Christina looked spooked.

Hope's forehead creased, "What?"

Scott glanced between the father and daughter before shaking his head at her. "It—I had a dream. She was playing hide-and-seek with a little girl. Cassie and I do it all the time." He shrugged, "Doesn't mean anything."

"But, was it Cassie in the dream?"

"...No."

"Where was she hiding?"

Scott frowned. "What?"

"The little girl; where was she hiding? Was it in a wardrobe?"

"No, it was in a, like, a tall dresser."

"You mean a wardrobe." Hank corrected, nodding his head once.

He then looked at Christina, slightly surprised. "Oh. Is that's what its called?"

Hope shook her head, quickly growing impatient. "What colour was it?"

He hesitated before answering. "Red."

Christina gasped quietly as her hands covered her mouth in shock.

"Were there horses on it?" Hope asked with hope in her voice.

"Oh boy," Scott whispered.

She peaked a smile. "That's where I hid every time we played."

"It...doesn't sound like you really got the gist of the game."

Christina's smile flopped at his comment. "Scott,"

"What? I'm just saying..."

Hope looked at her father with a smile, which he returned. Nodding with happiness, she moved forward. "She's alive." The two hugged tightly.

"I knew it." Hank said into her shoulder. After a long moment, they embraced Christina too. "I knew it!"

Hope broke away, holding the two at shoulder length. "We need to get that part."

She reached beside her, opening the door to the lab and leading Hank and Chris inside, "The sooner we get the tunnel working, the sooner we can get this message out of his head."

"Does Burch have it?" Hank asked, glancing at Christina.

"Yeah, let's go." Hope confirmed before Hank grabbed a plastic Hot Wheels carrier case off a nearby table.

"What part?" Scott asked, stumbling to catch up with the three. "Who's Burch? Wait. What's happening?"

HOPE STEPPED out into the street before turning towards Scott, "We need a component to stop the tunnel from overloading again." She opened her car to the backseat, reaching inside. "I grabbed your clothes. You might want to change."

Scott caught the duffle bag thrown at him. Beside him, Hank opened the plastic case. Inside, twenty-three figure-sized cars rested inside. He offered it to Christina. "Care to pick?"