seven

╔════════════╗
𝑰𝑻 𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑾𝑶
-𝒔𝒆𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏
╚════════════╝

          CHRISTINA LOOKED between at Hope as she leaned forward in her chair. "The plans," Hope whispered with wide eyes. "He will kill him."

Christina waved her index and middle finger at the two, eyes now trained on the kitchen door. "Gimme the chip."

Scott quickly scrambled for the earpiece, unhooking it from his ear and (gently) slapping it into her palm. Quickly hooking it on her own ear, Chris pressed herself behind the doorway, listening in to their conversation.

"I have good news." Darren said, and Christina could hear a smile on his lips.

"Really?" Hank replied. "What's that?"

"Pym Tech, the company you created, is about to become one of the worlds most profitable operations in the world. We're anticipating fifteen billion in sales, tomorrow alone."

'Fifteen billion?' Christina thought to herself, wondering who the buyers could be. Shaking her head, she slowly glanced around the corner, channeling the ants to move the paper weights off the blueprints.

As Darren approached Hank, the blueprint started to roll back on itself, hitting the wall.

Darren's eyes moved to the table, before back at Hank suspiciously. When there was a pause, Christine held her breath, back pressing on the wooden wall.

"You're welcome." Darren finally said, making Chris' shoulders fall in relief. Stepping back, Christina escaped into the kitchen as Hank slowly started to finish his conversation.

Glancing at Scott, Christina flinched when the heavy front door opened and closed loudly.

When Hank entered the kitchen, Hope was the first to speak. "He knows! He's baiting you! We have to call it off."

"We're all taking risks." Hank replied, sitting at the table.

"What if he saw me here?" Hope questioned, eyes widening.

"He didn't. There was no way."

"How do you know that?" Hope pressed on Hank. Hope's phone suddenly rang, making her flinch as well. Digging her phone out of her pocket, she lifted it to see Darren calling.

Christina bit her lip, moving to stand beside Scott.

Hope gave Scott and Christina a wary look before answering it and stepping away. "Darren, hi."

After a moment, a fake smile spread on her lips, even though she wasn't face-to-face with him. "I'm at home, why?"

Another pause in words. "Don't let him rile you up. He's just a senile old man."

Hank suddenly looked up, eyes moving to Hope before over her shoulder at the other two. Both shook their heads in denial. Hope leaned on the table, rubbing her eyes tiredly, listening to Darren. "...Great. Good idea."