Chapter 4: Starbucks

I parked my car in my driveway and looked at the clock, it was 1:25pm. I took out my phone and sent a text to Michelle telling her I might be a bit late. I unlocked my door and ran up stairs throwing my bag, keys, and phone on my bed, then I went straight into the shower. 

After my shower I walked out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around my body. I walked over to my closet, thinking about what I should wear. I found a floral dress that hasn't been worn yet, since it was a sunny day out, why not. I put on my undergarments and slid into the dress, then I quickly dried my hair and combed it. I looked at the clock it was 1:45pm, I grabbed my things and headed out the door. 

I arrived at Starbucks and I could see Michelle waiting inside, drinking her iced coffee. Michelle was one of my best friends, she was gorgeous, her brunette hair fell naturally straight and she hardly needed any make-up because she was just a natural beauty. She was tall, had brown eyes, and had cute dimples. I smiled as I walked in and sat down across from her.

"Hey! Guess what? I got you a large iced coffee sweetened, just the way you like it." Michelle said, as she handed me the drink.

"Oh why thank you loser, you know me too well!" I replied with a smile. I took a sip and then I heard my phone beep. I took it out and I read the text message and it said,

"Hey there Cindy! Nialler here, whatcha up to?" After I read the message I clicked the reply button.

"Oh hey there Niall! Nothing really, just chillin with my best friend michelle, drinking some iced coffee. how about you?! :)" I replied, smiling foolishly. 

"Why are you smiling like that?" Michelle wondered, giving me a curious stare.

"Oh, it's nothing, he's jus-" I was cut off by Michelle,

"Let me take a look!" She said while snatching my phone out of my hands.

"Hey! Give that back Michelle!" I said, trying to reach across the table but, she slapped my hand away.

"Ouu Niall, what a cute name. Do you like him or something? Oh and he replied saying he's grocery shopping!" Michelle added.

"No, I don't. I've known him since we were babies but we separated after my dad got the job in Ontario, Canada. Last night we bumped into each other and we caught up with things at his place." I said softly as I sat back down, not wanting to get another slap on the hand. Then I saw Michelle typing something on my phone. She gave me an evil smile, and handed me back my phone.

Niall's P.O.V

"Niall, we're not buying the whole super market!" Liam stated, I laughed. I almost had the whole buggy filled up with chips, candy, chocolate bars and pop. I went back to the junk food isle and put most of it back but, I kept the ones I wanted the most! I walked back to the group and I heard my iPhone beep. I smiled when I saw Cindy's name popped up.

"Nialler, I just wanted to say, that i love you." As I read that my heart skipped a beat, I jumped up and yelled, "Yes!" I pressed the reply button and started to type, "I love you t-" but then I got interrupted with another text from her,

"Hey, sorry Niall, Michelle took my phone and sent that to you but, i'm going home now though! Do you still want me to come over later?" I stared at the text and my smile changed as I deleted my previous text and typed,

"Oh no worries babe. I'm feeling pretty tired, but maybe some other time." instead.