Chapter 8: Flight

Niall's P.O.V

Cindy opened the door and her mom greeted her with a big hug. I was still disappointed that I didn't get the chance to tell her I had feelings for her..maybe now was just not the time.

"Hello my darling! How are you love? I missed you so much! You're so grown up" Lynn said to Cindy, still hugging her. I got off the couch and I walked towards them, Lynn saw me and her eyes widened. 

"Niall! Is that you?! Oh my, how are you?! What are you doing here in Toronto?" Lynn asked me, while she came towards me and gave me a massive hug. I smiled, hugging her back. She was always such a nice lady. 

"Hello Lynn, it's nice to see you! I'm good, and I moved down here for a job offering in music production. What brings you down here?" I asked her, curious. She let go of me, and dug into her purse. She took out a small blue box, probably some jewelry of some sort. She turned around and gave it to Cindy. 

"I know your birthday isn't until 5 days, but this was my only day off, so I decided to come early to give you your present, rather than coming late! Happy early birthday Cindy!" Lynn said in a exciting tone. Cindy's birthday was in five days? I looked at the calendar on my phone, it said, " April 21" . Oh yeah! Her birthday was on April 26, how could I've forgotten?! I should plan her a surprise party or something. Cindy opened the box and she took out a gold-silver necklace with a letter C attached to it.

"Wow, this is beautiful. Thank you mother!!" Cindy said with glee, as she hugged her mom again. 

We all went in the living room and sat down. Cindy and her mother were talking non-stop, and I just sat there. I didn't mind though, they haven't seen each other in ages. I decided to text Liam,

"Hey, can someone pick me up? Cindy is here with her mom, and I don't want to bother them." I sent the text. Seconds later, my phone beeped. That was fast.

"Sure, Harry offered to come pick you up! He's on the way now." I stared at the text, I wonder why he offered..maybe I can confront him if he likes Cindy or not. I stood up from the couch,

"Hey Cindy, i'm going home now. I'll talk to you tomorrow okay? I'll let you spend some time with your mother, since she's only here for a short time." I say, smiling. 

"Oh, alright then! Do you want us to drive you home?" Cindy asked, 

"Oh no it's okay, Harry is on the way!" I replied, as I cleaned up the table and got my bag. "Good bye and good night Cindy and Lynn. It's nice to see you again, Lynn" I said to them. Lynn smiled at me, and Cindy gave me a hug. I put my arms around her, giving her a tight bear hug, she giggled. I let her go, and walked to the front door and waited for Harry. 10 minutes later, I heard a beep outside. "Good bye!" I said ad I waved to them and walked out the door. I closed the door behind me and got into the car. Harry then started driving.

"Hey mate, how was movie night?" Harry asked, curious. I was about to reply but the thought of him liking Cindy kept running through my head. I had to ask him, I just had to.

"Do you have feelings for Cindy?" I questioned, I felt good asking that. Harry looked at me quickly and went back to looking on the streets.

"Uhm..w-what makes you think I like her..?" Harry replied, hesitantly. I knew he did, he usually never hesitates.

"I can see the way you look at her." I answered. He looked down for a second and then back up. 

"Oh..well, yes I do like her. From the day I bumped into her when she came to our place that night...I felt a vibe between us." Harry said slowly, thinking how to put the words together. He admitted it, he actually admitted it. I wanted to tell him to back off, but then again, when I saw Cindy's face when I held her hands, I felt like she knew what I was going to say. She probably likes me back. "Are you mad..?" Harry wondered, since I didn't say anything.

"No, i'm not, i'm glad you told me though. It's alright mate." I replied, patting him on the shoulder. I don't think I need to worry about Harry. The rest of the drive home was dead silent. We arrived home, and I got out of the car and went inside holding the door for Harry. Then Liam comes towards me holding the phone.

"Niall, it's Greg. He needs to talk to you, it's something urgent." Liam said quickly. I took the phone, and went upstairs. I wondered what it was, my brother never calls, unless something bad happened. 

"Greg?" I said.

"Hey Niall, something happened with mom, she's in the hospital. She fell down the stairs and hit her head hard. She had a head concussion." My heart dropped. 

"Is she okay?!" I asked quickly, I had to go see her.

"She's stable, but she wont be discharged for a week. She banged her head pretty bad. I booked you a flight to come home for a week or so. I know it's sudden but, the plane leaves at 11:30pm." Greg said, I looked at the clock and it was 10:00pm. Without thinking, I started to pack my suitcase. 

"Tell mom i'm coming." I said quickly, Greg gave me the ticket information, and then I ended the call. While I was putting my clothes in, Liam barges in my room.

"Don't be mad, but I couldn't help but listen on the other line..I'll drive you to the airport." Liam said. 

"Thank you Liam." I replied. I zipped up my suit case and headed downstairs, out the door with Liam. We got into the car and started driving. 15 minutes on the way to the airport, I reached in my pocket to get my phone to text Cindy and tell her where i'm going, but my phone wasn't there. Then I remembered I left it on my bed, while I was packing. Damn. Liam had his phone, but I didn't know her number off by heart. I turned to Liam,

"Liam, if you see Cindy, can you tell her I went back to Ireland for a week or 2 to visit my mom? I forgot my phone at home and its too late to go back." I said, sadly. He nodded at me, reassuring that he will. "Oh and tell her that i'm sorry...that I can't be there for her birthday." I softly added, feeling horrible that I won't be there.