Chapter 9: Arrival

Niall's P.O.V

My plane landed, and I picked up my suitcase at the luggage pick up center. Then I walked out the doors and I saw my brother Greg waiting for me. I was happy to see him. 

"Hey Greg! How have you been brother?" I said, as I gave him a big hug. I let go and we started walking out of the airport. 

"Hello Niall, I'm good! How about you?" He replied. We got in the elevator and pressed a button that goes down to the parking lot.

"I've been better. How's mother?" I asked. We arrived on the parking lot floor, and found Greg's car.

"She's awake. She's happy that shes going to see you. We'll drive right to the hospital." I was glad to hear that she was awake. I nodded and then we left to go to the hospital.

*1 Hour Later

We arrived at the hospital, and Greg escorted me to our mother's room. I walked in and I saw her laying in bed fast asleep. I grabbed a chair and put it beside her bed. I sat down, and she opened her eyes. 

"Hello mother, how are you feeling?" I said softly as I grabbed her hand and held it. She smiled at me, almost looked like she was going to cry.

"Hello my son, i'm better now, now that you're here. I've missed you so much." She said, trying to hold back her tears. I bent forward to her and hugged her. Whenever I see my mom cry, I couldn't help but try to hold back my tears. I'm so happy shes alright. I let her go and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled at me, holding my hand tight. "How have you been? How are the guys? Anything new down in Toronto?" She asked me.

"I'm good, it's great in Toronto with the lads. We have a great banter, and guess what? I bumped into Cindy, and now we are catching things up!" I said in excitement. Her mouth opened and her eyes widened in surprise.

"That is wonderful! Is she still the same old Cindy we knew before?" She wondered.

"Yeah she is, she's beautiful, so down to earth, she still loves her horror movies, she's a pharmacist now and she is still a monster when it comes to eating!" I said, laughing.

"Haha well that is great to hear, i'm glad you guys found each other again." She smiled, rubbing my hand.

"I'm glad too!" I replied, with happiness. I showed my mom a picture I took of Cindy and I when we were eating McDonalds together, she smiled and ran her fingers down on the screen on my camera.

"She's beautiful." She said smiling, then she rested her head and fell asleep. I looked at the picture and smiled.

"She is." I whispered to myself.

Liam's P.O.V

Everyone out and i'm here, just watching Much Music Top 10. The theme was, "Female Artists with Tattoos" I just watched Cher Lloyds music video, "Want U Back" she was really talented and pretty. Then I heard a knock on the door. I wondered who it would be. I walked towards the door, and opened it. It was Cindy!

"Hello Cindy, come in." I offered. She smiled at me as she came in and took off her shoes. I escorted her into the living room.

"Do you want something to drink? Tea? Water?" I asked looking at her.

"Oh, i'll just have some water please." She replied. I poured water into 2 glasses and brought it out to the living room.

"Thank you!" She said as she took a sip. She put down the glass and looked at me. "Liam, do you know where Niall is? I sent a couple of texts to him last night, but he never replied." She looked at me, wondering.

"Oh...uhm, well, Niall's mother, Maura, fell down the stairs and had a head concussion. He had to go back home to see her, and he forgot his phone at home" I said.

"Oh my, is Maura alright?!" She asked me quickly, I felt she was going to freak out. 

"Well on the phone, Greg said she was stable, so I think she is fine. But I will let you know when Niall calls." I said, reassuring her. She sighed and looked at me with a relieved face. She got up and put her glass in the dish washer, then she walked towards me.

"Thank you for telling me, Liam! I have to go home and plan my birthday party and you guys are all invited!" She said, she looked happy about it. But, then I remembered how Niall told me that he couldn't make it for her birthday. I walked her out the door and stopped her from leaving just yet.

"Cindy.." I said, thinking about how I was going to put this sentence together. She turned around and looked at me tilting her head. "Niall..also wanted me to tell you that he won't be there for your birthday, and that he is sorry." I said, feeling bad for her. Her smile dimmed down.

"Oh...well it makes sense. I mean it's in 4 days, and he should be with his mother. Thank you for telling me, Liam. Good bye!" She gave me a small grin and walked to her car waving good bye. I waved back, but I could tell she was frowning behind that grin of hers.