Chapter 9

I walked downstairs and as soon as I did I heard a knock on the door.

I opened it and wasn't surprised to see Brad standing there smiling.

"Hey Brad" I said and smiled.

"Hey per-" Brad started to say my name but stopped and kept smiling.

"Brad are you gonna come in?" I said

*Brad's POV*

I had just gotten to Perla's house when I saw her and I completely ran speechless.

She looked so perfect in that cute oversized sweater, the messy bun, the knee-high socks and when she smiled at me, when she smiled at me was what got me.

I couldn't help thinking of how much I fancied that girl and how much I wanted to be able to call her mine but I moved my way right into the friend zone with her. I regret that so much and it makes me so mad to see that she probably likes James.

"Nice going brad" I said so frustrated almost not realizing I said that out loud.

"What?" Perla said looking confused.

"Oh..uhm... I'm sorry I was just thinking" I said looking down scratching the back of my head.

"About?" she said looking genuinely interested.

"About something stupid I did" I said still looking down.

"Which was?" she asked.

"It's not important, don't worry about it" I answered.

"Ok... are you gonna come in or??" she said still looking confused.

"Yeah I'm sorry" I said stepping into her house.

*Perla POV*

I was so confused I didn't really know why Brad was just standing there but oh well.

After he came in we watched a few tv shows and talked a bit but not much because Brad was busy staring at me for some reason.

"Brad what's going on?" I asked smiling.

"What do you mean?" He said turning to look at the tv since he realized I noticed him staring.

"You've been staring at me since you got here... what's up?"

"Quite a lot of things actually but they're not important"

"If we're gonna be best friends, we need to talk" I said trying not to make the situation more awkward than it already was.

"Ok... it's just that I like this girl but I think she likes my friend and he likes her and it's something complicated"

"Oh do I know who the girl is?" I asked.

"Yeah" Brad said turning to look me in the eyes.

"Who is it?" I said being a little confused because I really didn't know anyone here except for his cousin and James.

"It's y-" Brad was starting to say the name but got cut off when someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it" I said getting up and walking to the door.

I opened the door and was surprised to see James standing there with flowers.

"Hey beautiful" James said smiling.

"Hey who are the flowers for?" I asked smiling back.

"Just for the most gorgeous flower of all" James said.

"Awww isn't someone trying to be flirty" I said laughing.

"Maybe I am a little" he said pulling me into a hug.

"Come in" I said walking to the family room with James following behind me.

"Brad look who's here" I said sitting down next to Brad again.

As soon as Brad saw James his smile faded A LOT

"Oh hey James" Brad said now with a serious face.

"Hey I didn't know you were here" James said.

"I didn't know you were coming" Brad said with a little attitude.

I honestly didn't know why Brad was treating James like that because usually he was so sweet but whenever James was around he kind of changed.

"Neither did she" James said smiling not noticing the attitude in Brad's tone.

"Uh perla I'm gonna get going. you know...give you two some alone time" Brad said getting up.

" We didn't finish what we were talking about remember?" I said looking up at him.

"I think we did" Brad said walking to the door "bye guys".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Hiiiiii 😊😊 sorry I took so long to update I was really busy some days and other days I was just too lazy to even get writing.

What do you guys think of the story? please comment 🙏🙏🙏