3) the wonders of walking

Third person
As Anne and Gilbert waddle through the snowy landscape, Anne cant help but feel the sensation of butterflies in her stomach.
She only gets these when in the presence of Gilbert. She tries her hardest to ignore them but it's hard.
She has read that this is what happens when you have a crush on someone but that isn't true, she isn't crushing on Gilbert,never.
"So i was wondering..." Gilbert began as he looked at Anne.
"What...?" Anne questioned, she could sense Gilbert's nervousness. She smiled at him hoping this would calm his nerves.
It didn't.
"Would you like to have dinner at my house tomorrow night?" He asked.
"Will it be just us?" She replied, her cheeks flaming red.
Gilbert noticed her blushing but didn't confront her on it as he knew she would react badly, instead he just grinned to himself.
"Yeah, but I could invite the adults if you want?" He said still staring at her.
"No it's fine just us two" she answered her heart pounding.
"Great it's s date" he grinned at her.
Then realised what he said.
"Date?!" Anne blurted out in shock. Her cheeks going extremely red.
"Well... um.. I.. um" Gilbert stuttered as they approached the gate into green gables.
"It's a date." Anne said as casually as she possibly could before sprinting into green gables smiling. Leaving Gilbert grinning too.

Once she got inside the house she ran up to her bedroom, ignoring Marilla's moans. She shoved her face into her pillow and let out all of her excitement.
A date! A date! She spun around her room grinning.
But it doesn't mean I like him like that ,she attempted to convince herself. We're simply just friends...who are going on a date!!! She jumped up into the air, laughing.
"What's going on up there?" Marilla yelled.
"Nothing." Anne lied
Before collapsing on her bed in a heap of giggles.

I know it's short but it's a cute little Shirbert chapter and it will help their relationship to evolve c
Vote and comment what you would like to see x
Thanks for reading x and check out my other Shirbert fanfic called 'Shirbert lemons'
30th August 2018