8) I feel your gaze

As the day past Anne felt the strong gaze of Gilbert's eyes on her. She smiled privately to herself whilst reminiscing in the intimate memories her and Gilbert had shared. She wanted to run into his arms.
But sadly life isn't that simple.
Ruby.
She still had dibs and she won't give in.
Anne couldn't do that to her friend.
"Right class time for lunch!" Ms Stacy announced whilst ringing the school bell.
The class erupted in the sound of clattering slates against the wooden desk and the sound of the children's feet beating against the creaky floor as they rushed to get their lunch and dib the best spot in the yard.
"Anne?" Diana's voice sounded next to her.
Anne snapped out of her thoughts to see Diana looking down at her with concern.
"Yeah!" She replied as she got up.
"You coming to sit with the girls?" She asked.
Anne was just about to reply when she saw Gilbert beckoning to her from outside the window.
Can he be more obvious?!
Luckily no one noticed.
"Umm.. no I think I wanna go and have lunch by the babble brook and have some spiritual alone time." Anne said smiling weakly.
God will punish me for lying. She thought but she shook it off.
"Oh...um...okay" Diana said as she smiled and bounced off to the other girls.
Anne swiftly turned around and waltzed our the school door.
Time to face Gilbert.