17) This was going to be a long morning

ANNE AND GILBERT
Anne awoke to to find herself on a dirty brown sofa. She heard the faint sound of feet walking around but she wasn't sure.

She felt a sharp pain on her head. She reached up to touch it, she flinched at the moist feeling that met her fingers - blood. Her eyes widened in shock horror. She attempted to move to get up but she couldn't, she was too weak.
She looked around the rest of the room.
There was a beautiful grand fireplace and numerous shelves filled to the brim with dusty books. She smiled weakly.

She then heard the sound of footsteps near her. Before she could comprehend Gilbert was at her side holding a cloth with ice inside it on her head. She flinched a little as he dabbed it softly.

"What happened?" Anne asked in worry.
"We lost the others and we had to come here as there was nowhere else to go." He explained.
Anne's eyes filled with tears.
"We lost the others!" She exclaimed as a tear rolled down her face.
"Oh Anne don't fright, I'm sure they are fine." Gilbert reassured her but really he wasn't sure himself.

Diana and Charlie
Diana awoke on the muddy ground underneath the looming branches of a big willow tree. She looked to see Charlie sleeping soundly next to her.
How can he be so comfortable sleeping outside like this?
She rolled her eyes before beginning to stand up, careful not to wake the sleeping boy.

Once standing she began wiping the stray leaves and twigs that had attached to her dress. She huffed when she saw the mud stains on her bosom.

Well I better find something for breakfast she said to herself. She was extremely hungry and she was positive Charlie would be too.

She didn't know how long she had been out picking berries but as soon as she heard someone calling her name -in what sounded like a panic tone- she ran back holding her gatherings.

She saw Charlie standing up, a frightened look in his eyes and a tear down his cheek. She smiled before dropping the berries to the ground, running up to him and embracing him.

"I'm okay" she murmured into his wool jumper.
"You're okay." He sighed in relief.

Ruby and Cole
Cole didn't get any sleep that night.
The branches on the tree were to bumpy and uncomfortable.
Also Ruby's consistent whimpers and murmurs in sleep and out of it disabled him any peace.

He looked around the view from on top of the tree. It was beautiful. Shame he didn't have his clay, he would love to do a piece on how beautiful that little shack in a far off field looked.

He attention was drawn down to a sleeping Ruby at the bottom of the tree. She was still whimpering to herself. This was going to be a long morning.

I just realised how they get shorter and shorter. Sorry about that.

Anyway I'm back from the dead so yeah.

I will update my other books later but I'm going out with my sister and dad and have less then an hour to get changed, have a shower, have breakfast, dry my hair and do makeup so I love that for me.