7) The day after

Third person
Anne awoke to the sound of the birds tweeting merrily outside of her window. She opened her eyes her mouth forming into a wide grin.
Her thoughts immediately traveled back to last night.
Oh how wonderful it was
She swung her feet over the side of the bed and gently placed them on the floor. She made her way to the window and looked out to see a nest of birds perched on the highest branch of her blossom tree.
How splendid! She thought to herself.
Her day getting better. She spun in circles around her room, her thoughts traveling back to dancing with Gilbert.
Her heart leaped.
Suddenly a voice disrupted her thoughts. "Anne breakfast!" Marilla's shrill voice rung through the house like nails on a chalkboard.
Anne rolled her eyes in dismay.
Time to begin her day.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
She had decided to wear her pale blue dress today and instead of having her normal braids she asked Marilla to put it up in a bun. It made Anne feel more grown up.
As Anne waltzed downstairs for breakfast Marilla smiled at how grownup Anne looked with her hair up. Matthew on the other hand was just plain shocked.
"No plaits today eh?" He asked smiling at her.
"No I decided a bun suited my main emotions today. I also feel like a bun suits my hair more then plaits. But don't you worry I will still have my hair up in plaits I could never leave them. If someone asked me to choose between bun and plait I wouldn't know what to do. This saddens me as it's my first time wearing a bun and yet it's already going head to head with my plaits if I had to choose one I would severely miss the other and most likely be in the depths of despair for eternity I-."
"Hush now child and eat your porridge" Marilla tutted at Anne shaking her head a faint smile in her lips.
"Sorry Marilla.." Anne said grinning.
Anne shoved her food down her mouth at rapid speed. As soon as she finished she raced out the door placing quick kisses on the sibling's cheeks. She couldn't wait to see Gilbert again.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Anne walked with Diana to school and they talked about everything that has happened in the past 24 hours. Anne told her all about the 'date' Diana freaked and kept repeating the word Shirbert but Anne didn't understand.
When they arrived at school Diana dragged Anne inside. They were both giggling at a joke whilst they put their coats and hats on the pegs.
Gilbert approached Anne. Diana saw him coming and left giving Anne a sly wink. Anne just ignored her.
"Hey..." Gilbert shyly said.
Gilbert shy? Gilbert Blythe was actually shy?
"Hi.." Anne returned.
"Your...hair it's really...well...um...it's really..." he stuttered.
She smiled at him.
"Cat got ya tongue?" She joked.
"I guess so" Gilbert laughed back.
"You look beautiful and your hair looks even more stunning then usual." That set Anne off.
She blushed bright red and felt as if she was melting into a puddle on the floor.
"Thanks..." she looked down at her feet.
All of a sudden Ms Stacy's voice shouted to the students.
As Anne was about to head to her seat Gilbert leaned into her ear and whispered. "I can't stop thinking about you..."
She smiled at him. Instead of replying she stood on her tip toes and placed a long soft kiss on his cheek.
Luckily no one saw.
She then happily skipped into the class room. Gilbert waltzing in bright red and smiling after her.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::