Standing Up For My Boss

Stuart's POV

Well, I'm not that proud of what I did next.

They kept running their mouths as I pressed my lips into a line and stood up.

"Hey," I said shutting them up. I balled my fist and punched Eric in the nose. I turned and punched Kenny.

They looked at me with wide eyes as they clutched their noses and took a few staggering steps back. "What the hell man?" Eric said, composing himself.

"Seriously! What's your problem?" Kenny asked.

"My problem?" I scoffed. "My problem is you two assholes. Liz is a hard working girl and you treat her like shit. I'm not going to let you keep treating her the way you do. Now get the hell out of Liz's office."

They looked at each other, shock clearly on their faces, before mumble some half-assed threats and leaving the office.

I began to pace back and forth as I struggled to calm my breathing. Those sons of bitches are probably going to go complain to Chetty, but I didn't care anymore. I'm pretty sure once I tell him that I only hit them to stand up for Liz, he'll understand.

I hope.

*****

"And you punched them?" Neha giggled. "Both of them?"

After the two evil stepsisters left, I called Neha once I had calmed down. "I just. . . I couldn't stand there and listen to them talking shit about her. Not anymore."

"You mean you couldn't listen as they talked shit about the girl you are totally crushing on," Neha teased. "Oh my. . . They just walked in."

"What are they saying?" I asked, trying to sound like I didn't care.

"Something about you being a psycho. Kenny just said it was because you either needed to get laid or were currently laying with her. . . The way he phrased that doesn't even make sense. I swear, I work for two morons."

"More like two halves of one whole idiot," I mumbled.

"Clever," she laughed. "Although I'm pretty sure you got that from some Nickelodeon cartoon, but I'll let you have it."

I sucked in a breath when I made eye contact with Mr. Chetty as he walked down the hall. "Shit," I mumbled.

"What?"

"Chetty is walking into the office. Those school girls must have tattled. I gotta go."

"Okay. Tell me how it goes," she said before hanging up.

"Good afternoon, Stuart." He greeted as he walked in and sat in one of the chairs across from my desk.

"Afternoon, Mr. Chetty." I watched and waited for him to say something.

"I'm just going to cut to the chase. Eric and Kenny said you punched them?"

"Yes, sir."

I bit my lip when he nodded. "What did they say about Liz this time?"

I was caught off-guard by his question. "Well," I stuttered. "They kept making jokes about why she's in the hospital. Eric mentioned that she should save everyone the pain and just kill herself."

"Is that when you hit him?"

"Yes, sir."

"Professionally, I am supposed to tell you how it's inappropriate to physically attack a fellow coworker." I started to agree with him, but he cut me off. "Personally, I say well done."

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh as he sent me a double thumbs up. "So, I'm not in trouble?" I hesitated to ask.

"No," he sighed. "But if Eric and Kenny ask, I will tell them I gave you a warning. But officially, it never happened."

He stood up, causing me to do the same. "Thank you, sir. I understand. . ." He shook his head, cutting me off.

"It's no secret that Eric and Kenny don't like Liz. I'm just glad that there is finally someone in this office willing to stand up for her."