Part 3

"Well, let's go." I mutter with a small smile, taking one last look at my room and then Snickers. It makes me happy that Ben is nice to him. Mum and Dad were mean, accidentally kicking Snickers all the time and not even apologizing. They ignored him, and when I talked to them about it, they yelled at me and called me crazy. It's good to see someone other than me pay attention to Snickers.

"Yeah, let's head out." He says, standing up as his smile falls back to indifference. I follow him out of my room and down the stairs, silence hanging between us the whole time. Not a word is spoken as we leave through the back door and trudge our way through the woods, but I'm not complaining. It gives me time to think.

I'm pretty sure we're headed to the mansion Ben mentioned earlier, but I still have no information about it other than the fact that it's a mansion. Does Ben own it? Is he that rich? I never imagined a murderer to be rich and live in a mansion, so this is new to me. He also mentioned 'others'. Does that mean he lives with other people? I'd assume so. I wonder how many there are. Do they know that he's a killer? Or that he can come out of computer screens? Speaking of which, how is that even possible? It's not. How does he do it? This is all crazy. Back onto the topic of the 'others', Ben said that he would protect me from the others that, I assume, live in the mansion. Why would he need to protect me? What would they try to do to me? I don't want to think about it. There are too many undesirable possibilities.

I look up at Ben, studying him as if that would solve any of these mysteries, but the only thing I see from him is a bored expression. I sigh in defeat and look back down to the ground, replaying tonight's events through my head over and over. Ben had called me by name so many times before I even introduced myself. How did he know my name? I recall him saying something about me being on his mission list, so he must have saw my name there. But how did he find me? How did the person who gave him the list know me and my information? I'm starting to get creeped out.

I hug my elbows in an attempt to comfort myself. This is all too bizarre. First a guy crawls out of my laptop screen, then he tries to kill me. After that, I become his slave and suddenly he becomes sweet and nice? I can't wrap my mind around it all.

"Cold?" Ben asks, looking down at me. His voice jerks me out of my thoughts and makes me jump, which causes an amused smirk to form on his face.

I shake my head. "No, it's just..." I pause, looking for the right words to say. "...there's just so much going on and its a lot to wrap my head around."

"'So much going on'? How so?" he asks, tilting his head.

Is... is he really that dense?

"Well, a guy crawled out of my laptop and tried to kill me, then I became this thing called a 'proxy', which basically means that I'm his servant now, and then he randomly starts being nice to not only me, but my dog too." I answer with a hint of sarcasm.

"Wow," he starts. "Sounds like one heck of a guy," he pauses, looking my direction with a small grin on his face. "What do you think of him?"

Oh, I see what he's doing. A smile creeps up on my face as I answer. "Well, I don't know yet. I have mixed feelings."

"Mixed feelings, you say... do explain." he says, faking a thoughtful expression. It makes me giggle a bit, but my laughter just causes my mixed feelings to intensify.

"Okay, so of course I am upset towards him since he tried to kill me. I'm actually a little scared of him still. But at the same time, he's being kind and funny... he's kind of treating me like a friend, so I don't know how to respond to that," he nods in understanding, so I continue. "Part of me can't help but warm up to him slightly, but I really don't want to."