Chapter 10: I'm home

I moved out. Yeah, I know....but I have to straighten it out. I have to. That's why.

James drove me and my stuff over to my house. He grabbed the duffle bag. When we got to the door, I still had a key. James put down the duffle bag. "I'll be good." he smiles, opening it, then continuing to pick up the duffle bag. He held the door for me.

"Is your dd home?" he whispered.

"I have no clue." I said. "Dad?" I called.

"Leslie." I heard. It wasn't my dad's voice. It was Jason's voice.

What was Jason doing back home?

--

"You sure you'll be okay?" James asked. We were outside by his car. We'd already brought everything in and unpacked it.

"Yes." I giggled. "I'll be okay."

"Remember to call me every night before you go to bed and every morning when you wake up, okay?"

"Okay," I giggled. "I will."

"I'm just so worried about you....you sure you don't want to come stay with me?"

"I'm sure. But thanks for caring about me."

James hugged me. "I care a lot about you. I don't want to see anything bad happen to you."

"I can't imagine you saying that after all these months."

He smiled. "I care about you."

I loved those words heard from James and Alana. I smiled back. "And what if I care about you?"

He just smiled in a way of saying I have to go, and went to his car. "See you later."

"See you later." I said back. And then I realized, I was home.

--

That night, we were all sitting around talking. Jason wasn't really talking to me, because he was mad at me.

"I see you two are back." dad says. "Gosh, why'd you leave anyway?"

"Leslie hit me, remember?" Jason asked.

"Yeah, I remember. But why'd you leave, Leslie?"

"Because I just did." I said.

"Yeah, WELL GUESS WHAT? IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN."

And it happened. My dad pushed me into the wall, knocked me unconsious and I'm pretty sure he hurt Jason also. My eyelids closed as I heard the scream of help.

Hey, wake up. Wesley said to me. It was that night, and I woke up and looked around. Everything was disey, and my eye felt really dry. I touched it, and it had dry blood surrounding it. I sighed and closed my eyes. But wait, I need to check on Jason. I tried to get up, but I couldn't. It was impossible. My ankle was still sprained, but now it was worse. I pulled out a phone and checked the missed calls. James, Alana,....I didn't call them back. I knew we had to get out of here, so I called 911.

I told them not to turn on the sirens because I knew my dad would hear them. I waited and some time later, they showed up. They silently came in and helped me up and out to the ambulance.

"Wait, my brother is still in there." I said. "Please, can you bring him out too?"

They went to find Jason and I was left with the ambulance driver.

Leslie, you're in bad shape. It's gonna be a hard road. Wesley told me.

"Wesley," I said. "You didn't tell me that."