chapter 2: Confrotation with the boss

I followed him into his office still in my wet clothes. "Have a seat Julie' he barked at me.

What the hell crawled up his ass? i asked in my mind.

"This is the third time in this month that you've come late to work"

" yes sir, its not intentional sir"

Oh my God! Is he going to fire me?! I cant lose this job. How will i pay my rent? And more importantly how am i going to feed myself!?

....are you even listening to me!? He shouted, hitting his table with his fist.

"Am so sorry sir, i didn't.... I mean could you repeat what you just said" he sighed, rubbing his hands on his temple.

"Sir?"

"You better pay attention this time" i squirmed when i saw the way he was staring at me. Trust me, you don't want to get stared at by my boss. Its creepy, its the type of stare that can make you confess all your darkest secrets.

"Yes sir" i nod.

"Someone bought us out"

"I..i..i don't even know we were on the market" i exclaimed!

"Listen Julie, we weren't on the market. I shouldn't be telling you this but seeing that you help in running things around here, i realize i need to tell you. The man that bought this place is powerful . I almost shit myself when i met him. He doesn't care about anything or anyone but himself. Even though i told him we weren't selling, he gave me an offer that i couldn't refuse. And he has decided that he's coming over next week to check this place out"

"Now to the real reason i called you here" he said, narrowing his eyes at me. I gulped, "i need you to be here all through. We are short on staff and i don't want to hear any excuses from you. You are not to miss any of your shift"

" i understand sir"

"If that is all sir, i would love to get back to work"

"That's all, you may leave my office"

I stood up, and headed for the door when his voice stopped me.

"Julie?"

"Sir?"

"Get the hell out of those wet clothes, we wouldn't want you to freeze to death now, would we?"

I mentally rolled my eyes, as if he cares.

After changing in the locker room, i got out to start my day. I waved to one of my friends that we work together - veronica. She's a good friend. Short and feisty the way i like my friends to be.

I met her almost immediately after my divorce and we've been inseparable.

You should be warned, she's a lil bit crazy. Am crazy, but her type of crazy is not from this world. She doesn't take crap from people. She has a kid, And i often babysit him since am his god mother.

"Morning Vero!"

"Hey Julie!"

"what did Mr grumpy wanna talk about?"

"Someone bought this place and he doesn't want me to end up not coming to work or coming late. According to him, have been coming late frequently. You know its not my fault i love my beauty sleep" i told her, scrunching up my face in an unattractive way.

" yea, he did announce it, but you were down with the flu"

" do you know who bought it?" I asked her

"No, though he's a very popular and powerful man. I just can't for the life of me remember his name" she slapped her palm on her forehead.

I chuckle " its a miracle you remember your own name, you are so bad at names Vero".

" i know, i know, but with a face like his, i shouldn't have forgotten his name"

"Don't worry, it will come to you in due time"

"Yea, i guess"

"How is jay j...?" I was about to complete that sentence when our boss stepped out to give both of us a glare.

"I am not paying both of you to gossip in here! Get back to work right now! He shouted!

We quickly busy ourselves with something.

"God, who died and didn't include him in the will"

"Shut up Vero! Don't get him mad"

We started taking orders and i forgot all about the person that Bought the diner.

The rain had stopped by now, and its already getting crowded with people. I just finished sitting some group of guys when i felt someone's stare on me. I looked back but saw no one. I shook the feeling off, this is a diner, people stare all the time.

"Hello, my name is Julie and i will be your server today" i said to the four guys i just sited. All of them are good looking. They have this bad boy vibe thingy going on for them.

If my life is not complicated enough, i would have encouraged the flirtatious smile directed my way by one of them but i just kept the friendly smile on my face and took their order.

After taking their order, i lost count of how many people i served. I couldn't wait to go home. My shift ends 9pm at night and its just 6pm, three more hours to go.

"Julie, can you babysit for me? I have work tonight. Vero asked.

She works two jobs because she's a single mom with no support from her deadbeat boyfriend.

"Sure babes, i would love to. Have missed having him over"

"Tanks babes, you are a lifesaver"

"You welcome".

________________________
___

Hey guys!
We done with the second chapter!
I hope you are enjoying the story so far.
Don't forget to hit the vote button, comment and share!
______
Neni😘