chapter 5: she is mine, not yours

"Mama!" I heard the little voice squealed. I smiled wide when i saw her skipping down the stairs.

Yes,  i have a daughter. Because of the tight schedule i kept over the past few weeks at work, Amy,  Vero's mum decided to help Vero and i out with our kids. She cared for them while we were slaving away.

I know she's surprised to see me. But i missed her so much. And Antonia is around. That's killing two birds with a stone.

"No running baby" but she didn't listen. She's just like her father, very stubborn. I opened my arms wide for a hug. When i felt her little arms close around me, i sighed. Contented to hold her again. Have missed her so much.

"My beautiful angel" i started pressing kisses all over her little face. "Mama stop!, it tickles". She's giggling uncontrollably.

I pouted " you don't want mama's kisses". Seeing my pout, she pressed a kiss to my forehead."No mama, don't be sad. I love your kisses".

"I know baby"

You are probably wondering whats going on right? How i have a child. Let me explain to you. The day before i was going to surprise Tyler, i found out i was pregnant. And when things went south from the accusations,  i decided not to tell him. I didn't want to sound desperate to him.

"My little bomb is happy to go home right?" Nana asked Tailor.

Nana is Vero's mother. Her real name is Amy. But she likes it when the kids call her Nana. In fact, she insists. My little baby...... She looks like him more and more everyday. The only way you will know am her mother is because we have the same hair color (black).

How am i going to hide her from him? Oh God! He's going to find out. And i know he will try his best to take her from me. But I wont let it happen.

I didn't know my internal struggles showed on my face cos Amy had to ask me if all is well, i only nod to tell her it is. I wanted to tell her he's found me, but her daughter doesn't even know yet so i kept quiet.

"Amy, we need to go"

"I know...come here munchkin" she pulled Tailor to her for a hug.

"Be a good girl to your mother, okay? I will see you soon"

"Yes Nana...Bye"

"Bye Amy, take care".

" Nana? Don't forget to feed Aurora" she told her.

"Who is Aurora?" I asked curiously.

"Its the golden fish Nana bought for company".

" oh..."

"I wont forger sweetheart" she chuckles quietly, going back into her house.

She hates goodbyes. And she does her best to avoid them.

"Lets go home baby"

I settled her in her seat at the back of the car. I just got my car back from the garage.

"How was school this week baby?
I asked once i start the car.

My baby is in kindergarten.

"Fine mama... Mrs Stone distributed a letter to us all to give our parents"

"Ok baby, when we get home, we will read it together okay?"

"Okay mum"

"That's my girl....That reminds me, i have a surprise waiting for you at home"

She perked up suddenly, "a surprise? For me"?

I laugh out, " yes honey, a surprise!"

"Is it a dog?" She asked excitedly.