chapter 12: say what?

What!??guys! More than 1k reads in a month?! Who are you people!!???😱
Honestly, am so speechless and overwhelmed. 😗😘 You guys are the best!
Thank you so much people!
For that, i promise to update often!
Am just so busy with work and all!😩 But pardon me, will try my best to update often.
Thank you so much!!love you!! Muah!!!😘😘😘

____________________
Tyler's POV

"What"? I asked with a calm facade. Inside, there's a fire roaring inside my heart.

Am surprised. I mean, i knew she was going to mention this but not now when am trying to make her forgive me.

She wants a freaking divorce. I smiled inwardly, not happening Jules. I know she's stubborn. But i wont give her what she wants. Oh Jules! You don't know what's on my mind. And trust me, you are not prepared for it.

I think its time to put my plan into action. I didn't know my personal musing has disturbed our conversation, cos next thing i know, she was shaking me and calling my name.

"What the hell Tyler? I asked for a divorce not your liver! Its simple, you might be thinking about all the paperwork involved but trust me, you just need your lawyer and i need mine - that's if you want to complicate things, which i don't think is necessary. All we need is signatures. You sign, i sign and that's it. I wont even need you to pay child support. We've been doing fine without you. All you need to know is when to be with her and all" wow! I blinked back at her...She said all that without taking a breath. Damn! I can tell all what she said is rehearsed. She's been thinking about it for a while. I looked at her face carefully. Her left eye is twitching and her bottom lip is been pulled into her mouth. Those are the signs i need, the signs that told me she's not in agreement with what she just said.

My wife doesn't want a divorce, she just don't want to make a mistake again. Whether she wanted it in the first place, i wasn't going to give it to her.

So i gave her the answer she wouldn't like

"No"

"Wh..what do you mean no?" She stuttered.

"I said no Jules, you heard me the first time." i moved closer to her and picked her hands up in mine.  When i looked into her eyes, i saw relieve, a bit of confusion and something else. When she couldn't take my stare, she dropped her gaze. I smiled a bit...my baby is nervous.

I picked her chin to raise her head up so i can look into her eyes. I could drown all day in her iris. I never get tired of looking into her eyes. They are her most expressive part. What she wouldn't say with her mouth, her eyes says it all and she knows it. That's why she doesn't want to meet my gaze. She knows i will find my answers in them.

"Baby, listen to me. I let you go once, and i regret it. And i don't plan to ever do that again. Whatever idea Tonia is planning in your head, get it out. I wont divorce you, me and you, we were meant to be. I allowed distractions to take you from me, and i will be damned if i let distractions get to me again. I will do anything, i mean anything to get you back. Am not here to joke Jules, i want you back and i will have you, with or without your cooperation. But i will prefer you cooperate." i said with all the sincerity i could muster. I know the last thing i said will get to her, i know what am doing. And what i just said will push her over the edge. I just have to wait for it...in three....two...one!

It was like i woke a monster, she jumped up from her seat like something stung her. I even tried checking the seat to see if anything was there, but something in her face stopped me. Its what have been looking for all day. It was comical to watch,  the way she was gaping at me with her mouth wide open. She was speechless. Her whole face is red with anger. But i don't see the anger, all i see is a beautiful soul, a strong woman. I see my woman, i see the mother of my kid. I already knew i wasn't gonna let her go. But in that moment, something clicked in me. something that made my resolve unchangeable. Something powerful, something unexplainable. I felt this overwhelming urge to protect her and not let her out of my sight. But i know once i try that, she will disappear again.

I waited for her to say what was on her mind but she didn't. I stood up from the seat and approached her carefully, she wasn't violent in the past. But the way she was folding her hands together made me cautious. Who knows what Tonia taught her in  the span of five years.

"Jules, i could have ordered you to come back home, but i don't want you to hate me more than you do. And my patience is running thin. You know me baby, anything i want i get" she reigned in her anger at my words. I was surprised, she wasn't this good at hiding her feelings. Guess its part of the things that have changed.

She closed the gap between us and poked me in the chest with her middle finger.

"Oh really Tyler? You think you can waltz into my life and play your little mind games with me? That Tonia you said put things in my head, she was the one who put my pieces back when you shattered me, she was the one there for me when i gave birth to your daughter! She was the one who fed me for a whole year after your fit! So Listen  Tyler and listen good cos I wont repeat myself. Your reason for coming here, i don't know,  But there's one thing i know, You are five years too late for whatever thing you have in mind! You thought i waited around for you? You thought i held unto your memories when you made it clear you want nothing to do with me anymore?" She laughed dramatically, tears were gathering in her eyes but she didn't let it fall. "You think buying this place will get you what you want? You so wrong Ty. I wont play your games, and i advice you to not mess with me. You may have money and power which i don't have, but you know what i have? Love. Its what keeps me together with the people around me. You never loved me Tyler, if you did, you wouldn't throw me to the wolves without hearing a peep from me. You wouldn't have given up on me! But you did, and i will be damned if i allow you to mess with my life the way you did years ago" i winced slightly,  her words cut deep. I couldn't say a thing. I don't want her to remember the bad memories again.

After saying that piece, she turned on her heel and walked towards the door. I didn't stop her, i let her go. She needs to cool down, and if i keep her here...we all know what will happen.

She unlocked the door and opened it, she didn't leave thou, she looked back at me and said something "whatever crazy plan you have, you better leave my friends out of it. Enjoy your day!" She then closed the door.

Of course She knows i have a plan, she knows the kind of man i am. I will even be disappointed if she doesn't know.

Its time to put my plan into place, time is not really on my side. I picked up my phone to call my bodyguard and private investigator.

He picked up almost immediately, he knows how much i hate waiting.

"Talk to me" i spoke without any pleasantries. The people around me knows not to mess with me. Am only relaxed when am with my family and close friends.

"Its done. When do you want to move?"

"Friday....make sure everything is set. I don't want any slip up"

"Yes sir"

"Good" with that i disconnected the call.

Things are about to get interesting Jules. Brace yourself.

___________ 
_________________
Guys really, you don't vote and it doesn't make me happy. It makes my work unappreciated.
I wanna stop feeling that way. So if you want me to update more and often........ please vote and comment!!!

Thank you!!

Neni