Chapter 3: So I'll spread out my wings and fly

7 hours after departing Brisbane to arriving Minnesota.

During the whole flight, I stayed awake. I was busy thinking about Australia and the life I've had there. But now I can't stop thinking about my home.

I got bored. I got tired of reading and looking at my map, tracing the path from Brisbane to Minnesota, as my mum said. What's it like there anyways? I don't know much about Minnesota nor America. Sure I was born in Brisbane, I don't know much about a country in North America, as I was in the Southern Hemisphere. Even though I'm half-sad, half-angry about leaving Brisbane, I got curious in Minnesota. Guess that place was different. I thought. I hope it's not bad there.

I've got one bumpy ride in here. It was 9:13 in the night. Most of the passengers are sleeping or just simply taking a nap. My sister was taking a nap ( oh thank goodness peace at last ). My parents are also sleeping, dozing off in the long trip. I checked the front seats and the back seats. So basically I think I was the only one who's still awake. Awake in the night worried about moving to a place far, far away from home. Her real home.

I don't know what to do so I just stared at the plane window. Why is the earth below me glowing? Oh those were just cities. Skyscrapers make the most of the lights. Lights flooded the earth below while I'm in a silver mechanical bird. It was actually stunning. Australia has a lot of lights. But not too much, as we often turn off some so that no migrating animal can be distracted on the way...........home? I wish I was a bird. If only I have wings that never get tired. Wings that could take me back to a place I call home. There's no place like home. I really wished I have wings. If I have any, I'd be kicking out my window then glide back to the sea where I belong.

Wow! That's so awesome!

But I'm preparing myself for the unexpected. I was still staring at the window. A flash of light fell down! Is it a shooting star? Another one fell down! "Cool it's a meteor shower!" I said to myself. Eclipses, meteor showers, Southern Lights ( Aurora Australis ) and other astronomical event are common in Australia. I saw those falling stars crashing their way in the atmosphere. It's like someone was throwing glittery objects in the sky. How wonderful! I saw another one next to the window and made a wish:

Dear shooting star,

Please stay bright in the night

Guide me in your light

If you do, please grant my wish

To have things like this in my new home

Everything I know or see back in the South

Also be there in the North

I ended the wish. I believed in shooting stars granting wishes ever since I was little. My sister called me crazy for believing in such things but I didn't mind what she said. My grandma used to tell me that "no matter what happens, dream and believe, never stop wishing or dreaming and they will all come true." Wise words from my granny.

I yawned. I'm feeling a little dizzy and I think I need to sleep now. For now I'm just gonna hit the sack and dream again. So I hugged my stuffed wallaby, Mr. Rock Hopper ( I have a knack for giving names to animals in the Outback), tucked myself in my navy blue blanket which has always been my favorite, closed my eyes and told the world good night for a while.

Note: I'm sorry if this chapter was short, I have to be early for school tomorrow. If I have time, I will continue Chapter 4. Stay tuned and thanks for reading! In case you're wondering, the titles are lines from my favorite Owl City songs.

C1: Youtopia C2: Angels C3: Umbrella Beach

~ HootowlDragon29