Chapter 7: Wishing you were at my door

" What were you reading?" Adam asked me.

" What?" I asked in return.

" I saw you reading earlier. I'm just a little curious what book are you reading?" He must've noticed me reading while in school.

Then I slowly took out the book and told him it was Watership Down. Suddenly he looked so surprised.

" You're read Watership Down? Cool because it just happened to be my favorite book!" I feel excitement to the tone of his voice.

I smiled and said " Yeah. I've been enjoying reading it. One way to snap out of my boredom."

" Well me too. Especially when it's time for Math." He smirked.

" Yep. Math is just horrible." I added. We were talking about negative comments about Math and things on how to escape reality and be lost in our own world. I've never been this lively before nor that I actually talk to other people. It was a different experience to me, a feeling that a shy and introverted girl like me stepped out of her bubble.

The day goes by and we were still talking to each other. I just smiled at every word he said. Then we exchange topics and other things as we're still talking. But then I just realized that these two introverts who live in a lonely place are actually spending time together. Home is just like a few miles away and we can't even stop chatting with each other.

" Hey Adam." I said when I accidentally interrupted his talk.

" Yes?" He replied quietly. He seem to forget what he was talking earlier after that interruption of mine.

" Can we just.........." I just stopped there. Something was blocking my thoughts.

He stared at me with a confused look on his face. I don't know what word should I say next.

" Are you okay?" There's that concern I've been looking for. Finally I can now say the word.

" Um.......I think we should just.......go home now. It's getting late now." I replied.

" Oh I didn't noticed. Sorry about that." He said and apologized as he gazed at the almost dark sky.

But I don't want to finish these lovely conversation of ours. It just happened and well.......I enjoyed it. I have to think of a way.

" I think you're almost home." He said, looking at the street. Now I remember where to go. Silly me. I should have a microchip implanted on my brain.

Then we stopped at the sidewalk just by our house.

" So I guess..this is it. I'll just....um see you tomorrow." Adam said with his hands on his pockets.

Have to act fast.

" Well..........how about later?" I said. It feels good when you have someone to talk to, especially if you're an introvert.

" Later? Don't you have anything to do? Like chores or something?" He asked with a slight confused look in his face.

" It's okay. I'm free to do anything. My parents are at work and my sister can do whatever she wants. I have a lot of spare time." Usually at our old home, my parents would go to work, with me and Maddison left alone. As a peace treaty, I let her do what she pleases and she would agree, then she'll return back the favor. I never usually talk to my family. I just like being private, locked in my room, just drawing or reading or maybe dream a lot. I grew up without having much interaction with my family.

" Is that so? Well...I guess I'll just see you later, maybe?" He said with a small smile on his face.

I nodded.