Chapter 6: Heaven knows I could really use a friend.

" Get up Alice."

" Wh-what?"

I opened my eyes slowly. There was a figure standing right in front of me. Blue eyes and wearing a blue polo shirt.

" Alice, wake up my dear." That voice. It was Dad.

I rise from my resting state. I rubbed my eyes as light flooded my whole room from the window. Bright morning.

" Alice, glad you wake up." My dad smiled when he hugged me and I hugged him back.

" Dad, don't call me Alice. You know that right?" I said, reminding him.

" Well when you sleep, you look like Alice dreaming." He chuckled.

I sighed. I don't know why people call me Alice. My relatives used to call me Alice too. I'm not Alice who went to Wonderland, I'm Allison who went to my own wonderland.

" Where's Mum?" I asked. I always looked for my mum in the morning.

" She went to school." He replied. I stared at him in puzzlement.

" She went to school to fill up some forms, Alice." He said slowly, sometimes he thinks I don't use common sense ( thinking that Mum has to go to school again ). And there goes the Alice part again.

" What do you mean?"

" You are going to study at high school here." He told me.

" But what about Maddy? Is she going to high school too?" I asked, then went to look for my sister.

" Maddy is going on 11th grade now, you're now on 8th." He said.

I tried to open my sister's door but it was locked and I already know what that means.

I searched in my closet for my purple T-Shirt with a cat holding a flower as a design and my skinny jeans. I'm going to school now. Just finished 7th grade and survived. I just hope that the high school here would be okay.

" I'll probably leave now. I'll wait once you're done." Dad said as he exited the bedroom.

After I picked my clothes in the closet, I looked at the window. The snow is getting a little thin now. Soon the whole white blanket will be gone. That's so sad. But I must get ready for school. This is my first day.

( Time Skip )

I'm ready now. I packed my bag with a few notebooks, a sketchpad littered with drawings, my favorite novel Watership Down and of course pens and pencils. Alright I'm ready.

After breakfast, I ran through the door with Dad waiting and holding a pair of binoculars. What's he doing with those binoculars anyway?

" What's with the binoculars Dad?" I got curious.

" Oh just sightseeing." He said as he put down the binoculars. It was his hobby....but for a reason. In Australia, he's been doing that always, looking at the sea but I don't know why. Not quite sure if he was searching for something in the islands, but I'll just let it slide.

" Let's go now." He opened the front door for me in the car.

" Ladies first." He said, trying to sound like a gentleman.

" Thanks Dad. You're so sweet." I giggled.

Then Dad drove me on the way to the high school. Wait a second, how did we even get a car?!

I feel like asking.

" Um...Dad.......where'd you get this car? I could've sworn we didn't have a car when we got here in the first place."