Chapter 8: Time together is just never quite enough

Note: As I checked the other chapters of the book, I was thinking that maybe this chapter will be different. More on Adam's POV. Also this would be short.

Adam's POV:

The door is opening now. I feel my hands getting shaky. I feel nervous about this.

Then I saw Allison slowly opened her door. I looked down. However I opened my mouth to say a word.

" Um....hi Allison." I said with a weak voice.

" Hello." She said quietly. I really don't know she was always this shy and introverted like me.

Then there's this awkward silence again. We both avoided eye contact to each other. Every second passing by, I want to say something but nervousness just blocked my senses.

Finally the silence broke down. I thought it was going to kill me inside.

" Oh......um..... c-come in. S-sorry." Allison said. So I went inside and just stood there like waiting for someone to start a conversation.

" Come." A voice said.

My mind is filled with thoughts when something felt a soft pinch in my arm.

" You okay?" I snapped out of my dream. A confused look has spread on her face. " Um......yes." I mumbled.

" Want to go to the treehouse?" She asked. I didn't know she has a treehouse. So I nodded and followed her through her backyard. There was a large willow tree. It's feathery leaves swing quietly in the night breeze. It's huge I say. I looked up and wondered at the tree. She must have like trees I guess. Then I saw her climbing on the roots and climbed up the rest of the tree. She picked up something. Something like a wooden trail. A ladder.

She made her way to the top and lowered the ladder until it reaches the ground. But how am I going to climb if I have a skateboard and a guitar in my hands?

" Reach out your things to me. That way you'll climb much easier without something on your hands." She instructed. So she opened some trap door underneath the treehouse and then two arms are sticking out of the opening. I let her put my things inside then I climbed up. Once I got up, I closed the trap door and I looked inside.

Inside the treehouse, it must have been given proper interior design. There's a small nook with books on it, two windows, miniature kites hanging on the ceiling, Christmas lights dangling in some fake vines around, stuffed animals placed neatly in a small bed and the walls are littered with drawings of trees and clouds and such. It's good treehouse.

Then Allison was doing something. She took out pink colored paper and began folding it in an unusual shape. After folding it, she revealed that it was a paper crane and handed it to me. " Do you know how to do origami?" She asked. I shook my head. " It's okay, I'll teach you." She gave me a blue colored paper and teaches me basic folding. Minutes later, we made several origami figures. It's pretty cool to make such crafts.

While she was making another figure, I took a small white paper and began to make something but not an origami figure. I think I'll made a paper airplane for her, I thought. I handed her the paper airplane I made.

" This is a nice airplane." She said, smiling. " Oh um.....thanks. I-I don't really know how to do origami." I said shyly.

" It's okay, to be honest I don't even know how to make a paper airplane." She knows how to make paper figures yet she doesn't know how to make a paper airplane. " Guess I'll be the one teaching you this time." I said with a chuckle. She giggled and then we made small airplanes. " This is cool. Thank you." said Allison as she marveled her own airplane.

" Oh um.....your welcome. Glad you enjoyed it."

" So when will your parents come home?" I asked. Somehow the smile on her face disappeared and turned into a frown. She looked down without saying anything. I wonder why.

" I don't know. I never really know what time they will make it home." She said. I can recognize a sad tone in her voice.

Allison looked pretty sad when I asked her that question. I tried avoiding eye contact with her. But I must. After 6 minutes of silence, she told me everything. I listened carefully and tried to imagine if it really happened to me. She grew up without having much interaction with her family and I know how hard it is not talking to your family for a while.

" What about you? Do your parents have to work late?" She asked. " Oh um....they stay at home always. Apparently not that late. My mom is a teacher while my dad is a mechanic." I replied.

" Oh." It was all she can say. Somehow it grieves me to see her sad, ever since the day we met for the first time. I don't really know why she's sad all the time. At school, she didn't even smiled. She always have her eyes on the ground and will not likely to say anything. Did something happened in her past? But I wish I know why. But I have to make her happy.

I picked up my guitar and began playing a song. She looked at me strumming the strings on the guitar. The silence broke down as I began playing some tunes. Now I can see that she's smiling. It's nice to see her smiling.

" That was beautiful." She said clapping her hands.

" Oh thanks. But I don't know if people will like it." I said sadly. " I don't think people will like the music I make." I added while plucking a random string.

" Don't say that. I'm sure people will like how you make music." She said. Then I smiled at her. She was smiling too when red splotches appeared on her face. Maybe I did the same and avoided eye contact once again.

" Can you play another song?" Allison asked. I nodded and began to play a song for her.

( Time Skip )

So we did a lot of things today. She showed me her drawings, made origami and we read a book together. I have never felt anything like this before. My heart somehow beats a little faster. Something inside me rushed and made me feel a little uneasy. But it is not a sickening feeling. It's something that most people know but I wouldn't say that word today. No I won't say it. We just met a few days ago.

" Um.....Allison?" I asked again.

" What is it?"

" I think I should go home now. It's getting late I think."

" Oh okay. Sorry for the time."

We descended from the ladder and my feet has touched the ground again. It's nice to spend time with her. But sadly this will come to an end today.

We went back inside her house and she opened the door for me. I thanked her and I went outside to leave.

" Um......thanks Allison. For everything." I said quietly.

" Your welcome. I'd also like to appreciate your company today." She said back.

And then we bid each other goodbye and I walked home with happy thoughts in my head.

A/N: Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it. Also I'm sorry for the slow update, I'm always at school and I'm busy about stuff and I don't have time to update the book. But don't worry, I'll make it up this time. Once again thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or votes. It helps me out a lot to make more stories soon.

Bye!!!!!

-nightowl_bookworm29