Chapter 5: Enchanted to meet you

Note: Let us return to Adam's POV.

Adam's POV:

She looks beautiful. She really is. I just gazed at her eyes. Somehow, I have my eyes locked on her. When she noticed I was staring at her, she looked away and I also did. So awkward. But we were just exchanging glances. Oh I haven't meet her yet. So I reached out my hand to shake hands with her.

"Um, hello. My name's Adam. Adam Young." I said shyly. Then it was the first time I have shake hands with her. Surprisingly, her hand feels warm.

" I-I'm Allison Williams." She said quietly.

So we're both introverts, I can see the way how she talks or acts. I've never expected I could meet an introverted girl. She looks so lovely.

Allison's POV:

So Adam is his name. I could've sworn he looks like the person in my dream. He's so adorable, adorable as a puppy. He has the most loveliest eyes a guy could have. His smile looks so perfect. He's so dreamy.

My hands feel numb, losing my grip to the box I was holding then causing it to slide in my hands but by luck I immediately catch it.

We were just staring at each other. I don't know what to do. My eyes are locked on his. My heart can't take the speed. I didn't really know what to do. I just can't take my eyes on him.

Seeing this as an awkward moment, I look away from him. I wouldn't waste time by just staring at a person I just met.

Awkward silences. You'll get used to it. Inside, my mind is swirling right now. I didn't looked at him again.

But the silence finally broke.

" Would you....like me to c-carry that for you?" He offered politely.

" Oh...um I-I uh..appreciate your help but.....I think I'll just do it myself." I said with a light smile but refused his offer. The box is sliding out of my hands again so I quickly picked it up and have it pressed against my chest. Slowly my energy is draining and I don't think I have left to carry a box load of pictures.

" You seem tired after the long trip of yours. I will do it for you." He insisted.

Such a gentleman.

So I handed him the box and then we walked to the living room. I was looking down at the floor when I suddenly stopped.

" Are you okay?" Adam asked. He tilted his head a little left as if he was questioning.

" I'm good, thank you for the concern." I mumbled.

( Time Skip )

My mind is so busy right now, thinking deeply in my thoughts. Confusion strikes like lightning inside my head. Get it out! I thought. But luckily I was getting back to my senses again.

" So where should I put this?" I looked at him, still holding the box. I should be the one doing it, not him. It's very rude of me.

" I think you should just put it here...on top of the table." I said impulsively. After he did, I looked down again. I avoided eye contact at him when few seconds later, we both saw our mothers, chatting. I eyed on Mum and I hid behind her. Adam did the same.

" Kids, you can go outside and play. We'll take care of the rest." His mother said.

" Oh no, we should be the ones doing the business." Mum replied and I looked at her.

" It is our pleasure to help. We gladly welcome new neighbors." His mother said to Mum with a sweet smile on her face.

" If you say so." Mum said hesitantly. Adam's family is so nice and amiable.