Business trip and an "It's all my fault talk"

"Hey, baby. I know this is not something I should tell you right now but, I need to go away for a couple of days." Demi says.

"Wait, why?" I ask, getting worried that she is going to leave me and not come back.

I have been having trust issues lately. Ever since Wilmer did what he did, I don't trust anyone.

"I have some interviews for my tour I have to go to in New York." Demi says.

"And, I can't go with you?" I ask.

"Nope. Sorry sweetheart. But, Marissa will be here." Demi says.

"What about Kay?" I ask.

"I'm taking her, and I am going to drop her off at the Miranda's. She said that she wanted to see them again." Demi says.

Demi gets up and walks out of the room with Rissa hot on her heels.

How could Demi do this to me? Does she even love me?

"Baby, I love you with all my heart." Demi says, walking back in the room.

"I didn't say anything." I mumble.

"You were thinking out loud. My intention was not to harm you. But, work calls. Marissa will be here, and you can even go see Mike every day that I'm gone." Demi says.

"When are you leaving?" I ask.

"Tomorrow." Demi says.

I stare at the ceiling, trying to take in everything. She's leaving me here in LA when she goes to NYC. Worst of all, she is taking Kay with her. I knew she cared more about Kay then me.

"Marissa. Can you leave us alone for a moment?" Demi asks.

She walks away.

Demi turns to me, "Spill. What are you thinking about?"

I look deep in her eyes, "Nothing. I'm fine. Can you leave me alone right now? I need some time alone to think." I say, turning onto my side and staring at the wall.

Demi sighs, and I feel the bed dip and she kisses me on the forehead, "I love you."

She walks out of my room and closes the door. I am finally left alone.

Or so I thought.

*****

DEMI POV

******

I walk out, and I close Alexis' door. I sit on the couch next to Marissa. Suddenly, I burst into tears.

"Hey, what's wrong Dems?" Mar asks.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I say through sobs.

"Demi, look at me." Mar says.

I turn my head to her and I stare in her eyes.

"Demi. You're not fine. Please let me in. Tell me what's going through your mind." Mar says.

"Mar. It's my fault." I say.

"What do you mean?" Mar asks.

"Alexis. It's my fault that she followed in my footsteps." I say.

"No. It's not your fault. She's Bipolar too, remember?" Mar reminds me.

"I know. But, that's my fault too. I am Bipolar, and I gave it to her through my genetics. I feel like I messed her life up. It would have been better if I have never told her that she was my daughter. Then she would have never met me, and she would have never started cutting." I say.

"Dems. You know that's not true. She met you through getting a job. Then you took her to Jerry's then you told her. It's not your fault. Please accept that. I love you. Alexis loves you. Your parents, Maddie, Dallas, Sirah, Mathew, Nick, they all love you. We all care about you." Mar says.

I lean into her, giving her a hug.

Word Count: 577