What you do has consequences

I feel so guilty about earlier.

"What happened earlier that makes you feel guilty?" Mom asks.

"N-nothing." I say, stuttering.

God. I'm so stupid that I stuttered, giving myself away.

"Alexis. What happened?" Mom asks, a little more sternly.

"Nothing, Ok? Just get over it." I say, getting off the couch and walking to my room.

"Alexia Kate Lovato. You better not close that door." Mom yells from downstairs.

Feeling rebellious, I slam my door closed. I walk into my bathroom, locking the door and pulling out my best friend, my savior. My blade.

I start slashing my wrists and not caring. I hear my door burst open and there is banging on my bathroom door.

"Alexis, please come out." Mom begs.

"I'm sorry." I say, before passing out.

*****

DEMI POV

*****

Once Alexis slams the door, I run upstairs, fearing that she'll relapse. I hear 3 pairs of footsteps run behind me.

Kay.

Mar.

Mom.

I open Lexi's door and I see the bathroom light on. I go to open it, but the door is locked.

"Alexis, please come out." I beg.

"I'm sorry." Lexi says.

"Mom. Get Kay out of here." I say.

I don't have time to question why she is here, I just pull the bobby pin from my hair and I unlock the door to see my eldest daughter, laying in a pool of her own blood. I scream for her to wake up, for someone to call the police. Not caring that she is covered in blood, I hold her in my arms, tears streaming down my face.

I hear sirens and they burst into the room and they take Alexis away from me.

"Ma'am. Would you like to ride in the ambulance?" The paramedic asks.

I nod, not speaking. Mar helps me walk out and to the ambulance.

We get there, and the doctors rush her into the OR. I collapse into the chair, crying. 

2 hours later, I see a doctor walk past.

"Sir. Can you update me on my daughters condition?" I ask him.

"What is her name?" He asks.

"Alexis Kate." I say.

"Oh. She is dead. Sorry." He says.

"No. No, no, no. She is not dead." I yell, standing up.

"Ma'am. Please calm down." The doctor says calmly.

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN. MY DAUGHTER JUST DIED." I shout.

While everyone is absorbed with Lexi dying, I dig my black acrylic nails into my arm, providing relief.

"Ma'am please calm down." The doctor says the second time.

I collapse in the chair.

"If you would like, you can go see her." The doctor says.

Mar helps me up and we walk into Lexi's room and I sob at the sight of her.

Her wrists are slashed, and her face is pale.