Number Five

I woke up in a room, laying down on a table. And my chest wasn't hurting anymore.

It was cold, smelled like medicine, and was white. I turned my head to the left to see a mirror. Someone had to be watching me. I tried to lay back up, but something held me back. I lifted my head to see my arms and legs strapped down to the table. I struggled, trying to break myself free but it was no use. I tried to call for help, but something wasn't letting me talk. I continued to try and escape, but I made no progress. Then a man in hospital clothing walked through the door.

"Hi there, how are you feeling today?" Asked the man. He looked me in the eye, I tried to not return the favor and looked at the ceiling instead.

"Where am I?" I responded. "Who are you? What happened to everyone?"

"Well, unfortunately, I can't tell you because of the confidentiality papers I signed."

"Ok, then why am I here?" I asked. The doctor sighed. He walked behind me, grabbed a chair, and sat down next to me. "I memorized a lot so that I could tell you if you didn't know already, I was really hoping that you did." He said.

"Ok, so let's start with this. Do you know what happens when white light passes through a prism?" He asked. Luckily I knew that answer, so I didn't have to make myself look like an idiot.

"It breaks into the colors we see, right?"

"Correct, and now that you now that, you know that the main colors are red, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, brown, and black."

"Yes," I responded, concerned about where the conversation was leading to.

"Good, so must also know that each color tends to represent an emotion or an element of nature. For example, red represents anger, green represents illness or life."

"Yeah, I've heard that too. A lot of people do."

"Ok, then now we can continue with the parts that I had to memorize."

"Our scientists have found evidence that supports the theory that long ago, something supernatural either struck or passed by our planet. We believe it was a meteor that was similar to the shape of a prism. We believe that this prism bent the light coming from the sun, onto our planet, affecting the area of impact. Currently, on Earth, Pangaea was still a thing. So, you can probably put the pieces together and figure out that they landed in completely different spots. According to the data that we put together, we can infer that two colors landed in Africa, three in Eurasia, and one here in North America."

After taking all of that in, I didn't know what to say. "So..."

"So now we know why we give certain emotions and elements of nature a specific color. It's because the first human beings that found the locations of whatever the colors left behind experienced them."

"Wait but how would you know that the colors meant that?" I asked.

The doctor patted my arm. "Because now we have you. You complete our theory. When we scanned your body, and found something strange hiding in your genome. We found an extraterrestrial power. When your trait finally activated, you caused lightning to strike. Your genome overwhelmed your body with negative charges, drawing in positive charges from the sky, making the lightning. As the bolt struck you, the electrons in your body returned back to their original energy state, which is why the lightning appeared blue. We haven't collected enough data on you, so we don't know what else your trait can make your body do."

"So... I have... powers?" I asked, trying to process everything I just heard.

"Technically no, what happened to you, was a natural occurrence. But at the same time... yes. You have powers, or... abilities."