Number Six

After explaining everything to me, the man left the room... and left me strapped to the table. He told me, "for security purposes, I'm going to have to ask you to stay here while I get someone to come and escort you." So I stayed on the table waiting for the man to come back. But he never came back.

I had been looking down at my fingers to see if I could make lightning strike again when everything went south. Someone immediately busted through the door and started to cut the straps holding me down. They had a gas mask and a stealth suit with the symbol of a flame on it, completely covering themselves.

The person slowly helped me get back up, "Careful your highness." They said, "They might have injected you with something." Before I had enough time to think about what just happened, we were already running out the door in the listening room next door. Before we ran through that door, I stopped the person, "Wait who are you?"

"It doesn't matter right now, we need to hurry." They said. I couldn't make out whether the voice was male or female.

"No, I won't keep running until you explain everything that's going on." I said. The person anxiously looked around, "Can I paraphrase?" They asked. I nodded.

"These people may seem like their helping you, but they aren't they only want to seem like the good guys, so you can trust them and give them what they want." They said.

"And how do I know that they actually want to help me, and you're not that one that wants to hurt me?" I responded. The person nodded, "That's a good question, good thing I have an answer." They slowly opened the door to the next room, and what I saw, terrified me.

It was a dark and enormous laboratory. There were people hanging from the ceiling, wires emerging from their bodies, connected to large tanks of red liquid. And that was just the ceiling, on the ground I saw the bodies of hundreds of people lying in a pile in a giant incinerator. I watched in horror as I watched them all burn to ash.

"That's what they do to the ones that aren't like us. Imagine what they do to the ones that are." Said the person again. I was on the brink of throwing up, but the person slapped my face. "Your highness, hey, I need you quiet and focused right now, I can't have you drawing attention."

"Why do you keep calling me 'Your highness'"? I asked. The person completely ignored my question. "That we definitely need to hold for until we get out of here. Alright, we need to go. I don't think they would leave someone like you alone for a very long time."

They opened the doors and looked around, putting a finger on their ear, "We're ready, what about you?"

I was so close to saying something stupid like, "I'm right here," but I realized they weren't talking to me.

"Ready for extraction in 3..."

Wait what's about to happen?

"2..."

"Wait hold up!" I whispered loudly.

"1..."

"Wait!"

Suddenly, my entire line of sight changed. A second ago, I was looking up at the bodies, and now I was looking down. I was on a small ramp high up near the ceiling of the laboratory.

"Hey man, how's it going." Said another person next to me talking rapidly. I turned to see another person in a stealth suit and gas mask, but this time, they had a triangle on their chest.

"Who the hell are you?!" I said. And just like that, the flame symbol person appeared right in front of me along with the triangle symbol person.

"What the hell just happened?!" I said. The man with the triangle symbol removed the mask and revealed his face. He was a boy, around 15, black hair, and according to his voice, seemed British. The other person did not remove their mask.

"Oh, uh hi, my name is Delta." Said the boy. Confused, I asked, "Your name is Delta?"

"Oh, uh no, my name isn't actually Delta, that's just my code name."

"Oh, ok then. Well uh... what just happened?" I asked.

"Ok so, the reason you got up here at an almost instantaneous speed, along with my friend over here, is because of me. I'm kind of like you buddy. You have the ability of lightning at your disposal, and whatever powers you haven't uncovered yet. My ability is to move at speeds of Mach 7, which is a little more than five thousand miles per hour. I can explain the science behind it later because we can't stay here for very long." Said Delta. I turned to the other person that still hadn't uncovered their face yet, "And what about you?"

The person removed their helmet. It was a girl who seemed to be around 15. She also had a German accent.

"I have the ability to absorb enormous amounts of energy in my body and hold them in until I need them later." She said.

"And what's your codename?" I asked. She looked me in the eye, I don't know why... but I think she started hating me from that point on.

"Overdrive," She said.

"My name is Overdrive."