Number Thirteen

Kevin continued walking me throughout the facility. He walked me back to a room in the middle of a hallway and told me that I would sleep here.

"You'll sleep here. Or, at least I think it's assigned to you." Said Kevin. He opened the door to the room. It looked like it had everything.

"Wow. You have everything." Said Kevin. The room had a nice bed, with a television on the wall. There was a nice scent to the room, pumpkins. There was a desk in the far-left corner of the room. In the left side, there was a door that I'm guessing led to a bathroom.

"I'm guessing that door leads to a bathroom," I said.

"I wouldn't know, our rooms don't have bathrooms." Responded Kevin.

"They don't?" I asked. Kevin shook his head.

"Anyways, you make yourself comfortable. Tomorrow I hear you'll have training." Said, Kevin, before I could even say bye. I walked into the room, closing the door behind me. Something felt strange about Kevin.

KEVIN

I left Michael at his room. He'll get comfortable soon. I was walking to the control center with my hands in fists. When I entered the room, I walked up to Overdrive.

"What about your new friend?" I asked. Overdrive was working on something on her desk. Apparently, she had found something important to our mission when she was back at the base in Quebec. She was working with a microscope, examining the whatever she found.

"What about him?" She responded.

"Why is he here?" I asked. Overdrive stopped looking into the microscope.

"Why does it matter?" She said.

"Because you led him to us. You rescued the most dangerous person that we know of on the planet and put him here with us."

"We need to put him somewhere safe," Said Overdrive. "The longer he stays out there in the world, the more we're all at risk."

"He's dangerous Overdrive," I said.

"We all are. Some more than others," Siad Overdrive. "In the wrong hands, we're all dangerous in the wrong hands. That's why we try to contain everyone we manage to safe and teach them how to maintain control so that they can survive in the world. At least we put him somewhere where we can contain him."

"And how do you know we can contain him?" I said. Overdrive stayed quiet. She knew we might not be able to contain that amount of power.

"I don't know if we can. He holds an immense power. According to Delta, he was able to kill 6 men with a single punch," Said Overdrive. "So, no. I can't confirm that we can contain him, but we can try. If we let him out into the world, they'll try to take him, and there will be chaos. But if we keep him here, we can help him."

"And what if he doesn't agree with our plan? What if he doesn't think it's what's good for everyone?" I asked.

"He has to. He has to understand that we're doing what's good for everyone, whether they like it or not." She said.

I shook my head. "We're going to lose him. You're going to lose him. You're playing with a power that you don't understand yet. You're playing with a power that you might never understand."

"It doesn't matter how strong he is," Said Overdrive. "It doesn't matter what powers he has. That's not what makes him powerful. Power is where the mind is. I don't need to overpower him to beat him. I need to outsmart him."

"He now knows every language that was ever known to man. How much more do you think he'll be granted?" I asked.

"If he becomes what you say he'll become, there's nothing that will stand in his way. So, we can't risk it. We need to keep him at bay." Said Overdrive.

"We might actually be able to find something that could stand in his way," I said. Overdrive looked up to me in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Overdrive.

"Michael's power is evidence that the planet was affected by the colors. And we know that one of the colors that affected the Earth landed somewhere here in North America. He now has that power, which means that the other colors must be out there. There are two somewhere in Africa, and three in Eurasia." I said.

"What are you saying?" Asked Overdrive.

"I'm saying that there are others out there with the same powers that he has. They might be able to contain him." I said.

"There are five other colors out there," Said Overdrive. "We need to find them before anybody else does."

"Sure, we can get our unit at the Secret Hero Academy to head up to Africa, while we send all the others to Eurasia," I said.

"Wait," Said Overdrive. "What if someone came in contact with those colors, and they aren't friendly?"

"We need to use hostile force. Or, at least try." I said.

"We bring Michael." Said Overdrive. "We bring him with us on the missions. One by one. If the colors end up being hostile, he'll be the only thing standing between the colors, and world chaos. He'll eventually live by our ways. He'll see things as we do, and he'll follow."

"Good," I said. "That's good."

I turned around and started walking toward the control center exit. Before I walked out the door, I turned around.

"When do we tell him about what we really do here?" I said. "It's only a matter of time until he finds out. We've managed to erase the memory of the school incident from his mind, but we can't erase everything, and it isn't a very safe process."

Overdrive looked back down onto the microscope. "We have to tell him once he's on our side."

"How close it the battery to full capacity?" I asked.

"It's dangerously close. We need to slow the process down to minimal production." Said Overdrive.

"Good," I responded. "Very good."