Sort yo house.

Candles lit and sparkled up ahead of the students and professors. The sharp bun that McGonagall usually wore was covered neatly by a pointed hat but a few greyed strands still were visible from various angles. A few whispers came from older students who were thrilled to see their friends again. Glaring and judging eyes constantly wandered over the young students who were due to join their new houses.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers  black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin,
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

A tattered old hat lay well worn and well used on an oak stool that looked just as worn, if not more. But still students sat and listened to the apparent words of the hat. No one was sure what it had said, nor why, but the reactions were always obvious as a smile or grimace took their face for a second but still smiles shone as the students made it to their houses.

Not many students were left when Seren feared that her doubts were in fact true. She wasn't magical, she didn't belong there and that was why her name hadn't been read out yet. 'Stupid, if that were true you wouldn't have been able to see the castle. Nor all that stupid stuff that always happened growing up.' Her berating was furiously done but quickly she stopped in hopes of her name being read out.

A pale blond haired boy had just been sorted into Slytherin, Harry Jones was what Seren thought that she had heard. This was when the professor stopped. Pale faced with white lips could be seen and a few whispers were heard. Quickly the woman turned to the headmaster but he nodded and gave her a look of 'don't' and she seemed to obey. "Serenity Eliza Tipton." The name was forced and confused faces looked on as one of the last students approached the stool. The older woman stepped back just as she had with everyone else, her face was nearly back to its normal colour again.

'Ah Serenity. It suits you very well.' A slight jolt or jump came from the girl as the voice spoke and she nearly fell. 'Clumsy I see. No nervous. Smart, like your parents. Ah yes, your parents. They were and are good people. Loved you dearly. Loyal till the end. You are a person who cares deeply and loves all. But, reserved all at the same time. You are cunning. No one can raise a child singlehandedly without that trait. You are brave, just like your parents but I do believe, yes, it wasn't right for your parents all that time ago but now it is right for you, I think...' his voice stopped in her mind which caused panic but this abruptly stopped when the caring voice spoke loudly for all to hear.

"Ravenclaw." Cheers surrounded the hall loudly as the hat was removed from the ginger head. The silky locks hung to her thighs and so when she approached the table the hair was moved to her side. A few people shook her hand and her lips curved into a smile in gratitude. There was a first year opposite her and sure enough the pair became acquainted. "What was that about?" A fifth year asked from her left.

"I have no clue. She did not act like that when we bought my school supplies."

"Three healers claim Robert to be their brother. Robert however, claims to have no brothers. Who is lying?" The question puzzled a few but Serenity spoke loudly.

"no one. The healers are all female." The painting opened and a few thankful voices responded and Serenity smiled back at them. Green eyes darted constantly around them as the room came into view in front of her. The cold air becoming warmer and more welcoming.

Just as Serenity had entered the common room she too, left in search for fresh air. The shadows and covers allowed the girl to sneak around carelessly and quickly. A parchment that purely read "here" was held strong by the girl as she made her way to the owls. The letter would be delivered rather late but her father never slept at night time and so she didn't worry at all as to if it would be read particularly quickly.

The door stayed open as a few chirps and chimes occasionally made their way to a few ears. Instantly a school owl flew to the vacant arm of Serenity as she greeted it. "To Mr Tipton." Came out in a soft whisper as the bird took the letter and flew off freely. Quickly though the student flew into the shadows as strong steps from a person or two sounded. Quickly a grey owl came and landed on the green covering that coated the professor's arm. "To Mrs Tipton." She spoke then turned to the woman at her side. "Why has this Tipton girl caused such a stir? I have never seen you so shaken." Pomona admitted and as Serenity waited patiently for the answer she quietly cursed at the spoken words. "I shall tell you in my office. Let us go."