5) u got me

you sat at your office desk, roaming through the paperwork the boss wanted by the beginning of next week. your eyes scanned the paper in your hand while of your fellow co-worker tried to get your attention with the paper in his own hand.

you scoffed, turning to look at him for a couple seconds before turning back and scooting your chair closer to your computer. noah sighed and returned to his own chair, only for his eyes to betray him and turn back to look at you.

this continued on for the rest of the day, with noah trying to talk to you during your lunch break and you simply telling him you much rather wouldn't. it wasn't because you disliked him, it was more of this feeling that you knew he liked you but you were to afraid of getting hurt.

after your shift was over you decided to head to home and change, planning to go to the burger stand with your close friend f/n. once arriving there you noticed noah and a couple of his friends sitting at the table across from you, "i really don't know why you can't just give him a chance y/n, he's cute." f/n muttered.

you sighed, your order soon arriving to your table. the waiter made his way towards noah's table to hand him his drink, "hey, uhm could you get one of these for her over there? purple shirt." the waiter nodded, smiling at noah's gesture.

"i mean on the pro side i would get to spend more time with jacob, but on the con side we could end up breaking up and i'd have nowhere to go. what do you think i shoul–"

"excuse me miss, sorry to interrupt, the guy over there ordered this for you." your gaze diverted away from your fries and towards the waiter who smiled as he placed the white styrofoam cup on the table before leaving.

f/n giggled, "aren't you gonna take it? y/n, come on. i know your last relationship was a bust but that was more than eight months ago, get over it. he seems like a generally nice guy, he did just but you a drink."

running a hand through your hair you let out another sigh, standing up with your plate in hand "lets go." f/n sighed while she followed you towards the trash can and the exit. noticing this, noah's signaled towards the table, where the drink he had ordered stood solemnly. he frowned, his friend patting him on the shoulder, "you'll get her one of these days."

you walked a couple feet in front of f/n, who was speed walking in order to catch up to you. "y/n, wait up!" you ignored f/n and walked towards your car.

"look y/n, i'm sorry for bringing up your last relationship okay? but you know i'm right, i can see you have feelings for that noah guy too. listen i know edwin was a disrespectful, abusive son of a bitch, but not every guy you catch feeling for is going to treat you that way. just think about it, it's up to you if you give him a chance or not, but you might never get over what happed to you unless you try to step out of that shell your hiding in." your friend rambled as you drove to her house in silence.

you dropped her off and headed home, opening the front door you removed your checkered vans from your feet and threw the keys on the lamp stand. after doing your nightly night routine you threw on your oversized shirt and sweatpants and got under the covers of your bed.

grabbing your cellphone of the night stand you opened up your instagram, a picture noah had posted being the first on your feed. you bite down on your fingernail, clicking on his username and going through the most recent pictures on his profile.

you smiled to yourself, double tapping the one he had posted only a few minutes ago before turning it off and going to sleep.

.. :*° the next morning.. :*°

you woke up the next day, saturday. getting dressed you went out the front door and made your way to the park. a couple minutes after being there you noticed noah sitting alone on a branch nearby. thinking about what f/n had told you, you though on whether you should go over or not. fuck it.

"hey noah." startled for a moment, he immediately turned to look at you soon smiling  after he saw you. "hey y/n."

the two of you sit, an uncomfortable silence filling the air. "listen, uhm, i'm really sorry i was so rude before. it's just been really hard to get over my last relationship and i didn't know whether or not i should be trying to start up a new one, but i like you very much and if you're still up for that date you mentioned last wednesday i'd be up for it."

"are you serious? of course i'd still be up for it, why don't you give me your address and i can pick you up at around eight tonight?"

"okay." you smiled, taking the phone he handed you and typing your address down on his notes.

"i'll see you then." you grin, getting up from the log and begging up your walk again. noah has finally gotten you to say yes, he had finally gotten y/n to go out with him.