8) meeting the family

the reader is hispanic in this one, so expect a lot of spanish:)

mi niña- my girl
abuela/abulita/ abue.- grandma, grams
mira, el es noah. mi novio- look, this is noah. my boyfriend
yo les arreglo un plato- i'll fix you a plate
mija- like  'daughter' but not really (idek)
pues que guapo está eh- well he's real handsome
y hablas español- and, do you speak spanish?
solo un poco- just a bit

adjusting your black dress you stepped out of the bathroom and onto the hallway that lead towards your bedroom. noah sat on the bed, tying his shoes. "wow, you look...wow." he breathed out, making you chuckle.

"you don't look so bad yourself." you sprayed some perfume on, grabbing one of your jean jackets from the closet. today was the day that noah met your family, extended family that is.

he had already met your parents and your siblings, but he had yet to meet your uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandparents. "what do you think they'll think of me?" he asked, head slightly tilted as he looked in the mirror.

"you'll be fine, i'm sure they'll like you." you reassured, standing behind him with a smile on your face.

"i'm nervous, but at least i'll finally be meeting your whole family." he frowned, your eyebrows furrowed "babe, you do know this is just gonna be like not even half my family right?" his eyes widened, pulling out his phone with a picture you had sent him of your last family reunion.

"you're telling me this is just half your family." a giggle escaped your lips at the sound of his frantic voice. nodding, you rubbed his arm with your hand, "uh, yeah."

he sighed, plopping back down on the bed. "baby, c'mom they'll love you. i promise, and if they don't well to bad. you're for me not for them." smiling, you run your hand through his soft, light brown hair. "now, let's go it's already five." he nodded, picking up his car keys from the dresser and heading down the stairs and out the door with you.

arriving to the baby blue house, noah parks the car. "did we have to park three houses away?" you ask, "did you see any other place to park?" he chuckles, making you groan. turning off the ignition he gets out of the car, you getting off the opposite side.

"hey, i was supposed to open the door for you."

"what? why? you never do that." you laugh at his way of trying to prepare himself for what awaits. the two of you walk up to the house, children are running around playing and teenagers are seated on the front steps on their cellphones.

loud spanish music plays through the speakers set up in the garage, and some people dance on the payment while others sit. "y/n, mi niña!" your abuela comes up to you, cupping your cheeks in her hands making you giggle. "hola, abulita." noah watches in amusement as your grandmother hugs you tightly. "mira, el es noah. mi novio."

placing noah's hand in yours you bring him closer towards your grandma, "noah, this is my grandmother." he smiles, extending his hand.

your grandma looks at his hand, "ay, come on now." she responds, bringing noah in closer for a hug. you laugh, as noah hugs back smiling. "why don't you introduce him to the others, yo les arreglo un plato." you nod at your grandma's kindness.

"she's nice." he grins, still holding your hand tightly in his. "don't get used to it." you chuckle, leading him towards the tables were the rest of your family is sat.

"oh my god, y/n! noah centineo is your boyfriend?! did she pay you to do this?" you laugh at your cousin, this table was probably not the best one to stop at first.

noah looked at you, smiling. "yeah, she definitely did." you smack his arm playful and he chuckles at you, instantly becoming bombarded with questions from the teenage girls after.

you then walk him over towards where your mom and aunts sit, gossiping as always. "hi,
y/n how you been mija?" you hug them all, answering their catch up questions. noah talks to your mom while you talk to your aunts, "this is noah." you introduce, walking over by him.

"you're her boyfriend, yes?" he nods, shaking all of their hands. "ay, pues que guapo está eh y/n." you agree, looking at noah and brushing a hair away from his forehead with your fingers.

"was that so bad?" you ask, "uhm, no not really." you stand on the tips of your toes, reaching up to kiss him on the lips. "come on, my uncles and grandpa would love to meet you." you smirk, making him sigh and wipe his now sweaty palms on his jeans.

"hey, y/n/n." walking up to where your relatives stood drinking beers and talking, you greeted your godfather. "hey. look, this is my boyfriend."

noah shakes all of their hands, introducing himself. "y hablas español?" you look attentively at noah, waiting for an answer. "solo un poco." he smiles, your uncle nodding at him.

your dad offers him a beer, which noah gladly takes. "we're gonna go eat." you say, interrupting the awkward silence. "yeah, of course." your dad replied, flipping the meat on the griller.

"gracias abue." you kiss your grandmother on the cheek, thanking her for getting your plates ready. you take a seat at an empty table with noah sitting across from you.

"you did great." you smile at him, placing your hand on top of his. "well, i did my best." he chuckles, digging into his food.