Chapter 14: lifeless

the rest of the day I ignored Shawn as much as I could. jack has been flirting with me and I think I might like him a little. I'm on my way to pick up Lila and I'm so freaking excited to see her.
once I get there I take out the piece of paper I brought to put "my fave fartbag" on it.
once I see her I hold up the sign and when she sees me bursts out laughing and starts to run. she's a sprinter too so she gets to me quick.

"I have an idea for revenge!" is the first things she says.

"what would that be?"

she pulls out a can of whipped cream and a bag of water ballons.

"YAHHHHHSSSSSS"

"we can fill them almost with water then put some whipped cream in there too!"

"you always know how to make me laugh"

when we get there I introduce her to everyone. I notice she keeps looking at Hayes and he looks at her to. so being a good friend I shoved her towards him. she practically falls onto him and he catches her and I can tell they will hit it off. nash and Brooke started dating like two days ago. same with Carly and Cam.

I go over to the jacks and Matt. they are the best friends I could ask for. oh and sammy!

I look at Lila and see that Shawn has come in. he's tried to apologize but I keep ignoring him. the tension builds. Lila looks back at me with a smirk. I pull out two ballons and so does she. we walk a little closer towards him and then hit him with it. we made sure to put ice cold water in the ballons. he's soaking wet and have whipped cream on him. everyone starts to laugh and I walk back to Matt. he's laughing uncontrollably with the jacks and Sam.

I don't really feel bad considering he cheated on me. I still can't believe it. I feel tears come to my eyes and then feel someone pull me to them. I look up and see jack g. I hide my face in his chest and start to cry. I turn to see shawn walking this way and jack tightens his grip on me. I shove my face deeper into his chest. jack j,sammy and Matt step in front of us.

"let me talk to her. alone. "

"I don't think that's the best idea." they say in unison. I am really grateful to have them as friends. I feel a tug and look to see it's Brooke Carly and Lila. they are by jack know. there's no way he's getting past all of them. I mean he is pretty built but having Matt,sammy,jack j,jack g,Lila,Brooke and Carly he will struggle.

he tried to get past and I didn't feel the need to hide. he got through though. I guess I was wrong. he grabbed my arm and pulled me against him before anyone could grab me. he pulled me to the hall and shut the door. he then pushed me against the wall and kissed me. I kissed back not thinking. I missed him.I quickly realize what was happening and push him off.

"why" was all I could manage to say.

"I honestly don't know. I didn't think you would come back. I thought that was our break up. I needed to get you off my mind. not the best way too. I should have just tried to find you."

"yeah you should have. I'm forgiving you but we are not getting back together. I dont wanna risk getting hurt again. "

"I understand." he said as his voice cracked a little.
I open the door and walk in and go straight to the people I needed. I just hugged them.

they were trying to protect me. I don't know what I would do without them. I let go and Brooke went back to nash. Carly went back to Cam and Lila went back to Hayes. she quickly looked at me with the biggest grin. she mouthed that Hayes asked her on a date. I silently scream and give her a thumbs up.

I then feel arms wrap around my waist. I turn to see jack stand there. I hug him. he's a bit taller that me at 6'2 while I'm a good 5'7. he has the best hugs. I really think I like him. this will be interesting.

suddenly there was a loud thud and we all go silent. I run out the door and to my room. only to see my worst nightmare.

Shawn lays there not moving. this can't be happening. NO! I scream and everyone comes rushing in. Matt grabs me and I bury my face in his neck. all I keep seeing is shawn laying there.